Reload this Page >

Universal Studios, Orlando

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20th, 2002, 06:01 PM
Kris

This will be our first time trying Universal, have always done the Disney thing. Any good advice for first timers? We have two 11 year olds and a 14 and a 15 year old all boys. We are staying at the HardRock Hotel and hope it will be a great time. Any comments suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. Kris

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 04:01 AM
marilyn

I think your boys will love Universal Orlando, especially Islands of Adventure. We took our 14 year old son last summer and had a fabulous time (in spite of the heat!). We especially enjoyed the Spiderman, Dueling Dragons, Incredible Hulk, and Jurassic Park rides. Also, I think you will really love the Hard Rock Hotel. We had a beautiful room overlooking the great pool and we never had to stand in line for any ride at Islands of Adventure or Universal Studios. There could be a line a mile long and once we showed our room key, we went into the express line and waited less than five minutes. It is a spectacular perk for staying at their on-site hotels.

I hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 04:31 AM
Gail

You've made a good decision. The Hard Rock Hotel is great and, as Marilyn said, that magic room key is the best thing ever. You just go right up to the express line entrance and show your key and in you go. Go to www.universalorlando.com for a description of all the attractions. Definitely check out www.disboards.com for LOTS of info from experts who go to Universal/IOA all the time.

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 04:46 AM
Mike Hocksbigg

be sure to use the express passes if the lines are long...they save a lot of time......a lot!!!

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 05:35 AM
mary

Don't miss the Blues Brothers show at Universal. It's lots of fun!

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 05:36 AM
Gail

If you are staying at the Hard Rock Hotel, you don't even need to get express passes. Your room key acts as an instant express pass. No need to stand in line for an express pass. Just show your room key, and get in the express line.

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 12:01 PM
Cindy

Staying onsite is a very good decision. You will love it. Get more info at
Orlando Trip Planner.com - tons of info on Universal, tips, message boards and more. http://www.orlandotripplanner.com