Universal Studios (Hollywood)-Disappointed

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:19 PM
June

Universal Studios (Hollywood)-Disappointed

Is there anyone else out there that was just as disappointed as I was of the Universal Studios Theme Park in Hollywood?
I paid US$59 for a 'director's pass' that was supposed to get us 'backstage' at certain shows. The pass was poorly explained to us. We literally rushed from one show to the next going in accordance with the times the park attendants arranged for us. We soon realised(too late) that the showtimes clashed with the behind-the-scenes 'backstage'so we never got to see any of the 'backstage'. The park attendants were spaced out, don't know their jobs at all, some rides didn't even have them at all!
My advice? If you must go, pay the minimum price of admisssion. We got sucked in majorly. Coming from Australia, that equates to AUD$120 for just that one day. I paid AUD$180 for Disneyland 3 day park hopper ticket. That's THREE days and TWO theme parks. I certainly got my money's worth at Disneyland and then some.
Ditch the Universal Studios I say. There were totally unprofessional compared to Disney. The park seemed run down.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 06:31 AM
May

Well June, I paid $ 89 for a 7 day pass to Universal Orlando and because I stayed at the Hard Rock, was given Front of the line access at all attractions. That's a deal that Disney can't come close to touching! (Oh, by the way, my husband and 2 sons thought Universal and IOA, especially Spiderman and Terminator, beat any attraction Disney had to offer, we did both).

Try Universal and IOA in Orlando. It's a great park.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 07:20 AM
x

i don't think you can compare universal hollywood with universal orlando. i went to the california one and i too was disappointed. i am really quite baffled when people rant about how great it is. i enjoyed the day and have no complaints about the staff, just wouldn't return for what they charge.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 08:14 AM
Dawn Ct

I have been to both and I prefer Universal Hollywood. We paid the minimal price for admission, and headed to the back stage tour. The tour actually comprises four areas that would have been four separate attractions with four very long waits in line in Orlando. Additionally, there is a sense of history there. It is more than just a theme park. We saw all of the attractions in one very comfortable day; something that would not have been easy to do in Orlando without a front of the line pass.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 11:12 AM
Bill I

June,
My family & I have gone to Universal Hollywood a few times. We are also going this year when we go to LA in about a week. I would probably be dissapointed also at that price. But we go for the tour & the couple of rides, but we mainly go to see the live shows. They change the shows every once in awhile. But we can get tickets cheaper, being AAA Chicago Motor Club members. The cost can range from $30 to $38 per ticket, depending upon whether you pre-purchase tickets or just use the membership for discount tickets. This year, as members of a roller coaster club, attending a convention out there, we pre-purchased tickets to Universal Studios for $25. Plan on spending a day there & enjoying the shows.