Universal - Express Tickets?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would it be worthwhile getting express tickets for either Universal or IOA on a Saturday in April (not Easter weekend)? How bad are the queues anyway? It would be an additional $35 per ticket.
Old Mar 29th, 2006, 03:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Depending on how many people are in your party, you may want to look into getting an on-site room for one night. That would give you two full days of unlimited express access for up to five people. You don't even have to stay in the room, Just check in and get the room keys to use for your express.
Old Mar 29th, 2006, 03:46 AM

Anytime during April is usually busy because everyone takes their spring breaks at different times throughout the month. I'd second Schmerl's idea and try to stay on site for the free express or cough up the $35.
Old Mar 29th, 2006, 04:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
We were staying in downtown disney,but going to Universal. We bought the fast pass for Universal for one day. It was so worth it. The next day, we waited forever for rides. I think Orlando is busy any time of year especially Saturdays!! All the schools in the country have spring break. Ours is before Easter, some are after, some are in March, etc... I would do what schmerl said and buy the one night's lodging if you have several people. Otherwise, cough up the $35. a day.
Old Mar 29th, 2006, 04:26 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the information. Good idea about the room; I'll look into that.
Old Mar 29th, 2006, 01:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you are a member of AAA, see if any AAA discounts are available for the rooms. If you buy the express pass, you only get one express ride for each attractiion. If you stay on site for one night, you get two full days of unlimited express.
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Original Poster

Schmerl; I believe AAA is an American institution? I live in Belgium, no such discounts available here I think.
Thanks for the help. I'm so looking foward to going. At least it will be warm in Florida while we're standing in line.
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 10:57 AM

A friend stayed at the Universal Hard Rock hotel recently and it was nice, you could just walk through the pool area of the hotel right into Universal Studios park by the entrance and the Hard Rock Cafe, then City Walk and Island of Adventure are right there just a few min walk...very convenient...