United Airlines Any Better Now?

Old Oct 14th, 2000, 03:52 AM
Nancy

United Airlines Any Better Now?

I flew United a lot over the summer and put up with the full panoply of problems....cancelled flights, extremely delayed flights, etc. I haven't had to fly for a couple of months and I'm wondering whether United got their act together. I can fly different airlines, but United has the best service from my nearest airport.

Any United experience from say August to now?

Old Oct 14th, 2000, 11:17 AM
Cali

We just flew on United two weeks ago and both our flights were on time and we had no problems. We had to make a stop in Denver on outbound flight (to change planes) and both flights were fine. On the other hand, my sister-in-law flew on United last week and was delayed for many hours. So, just depends on your flight I guess. Good luck!

Old Oct 14th, 2000, 12:30 PM
Jim Lloyd

You might want to look at United Airlines web site www.ual.com because now they have the percentage that each flight is on time.

Old Oct 14th, 2000, 03:02 PM
ken

Hi all,

I didn't realise UA had such a problem! I am flying from London to Chicago/ Phoenix next month - NOW Iam nervous! We are only away for the week!

Thanks

Ken

Old Oct 14th, 2000, 03:10 PM
bettina

I've had horror stories from several airlines, but United WAS the worst. My worst experience was in August and I understand they've gotten a bit better since then. However, my advice would be to see if you can go through another hub...not O'Hare in Chicago. I think many of United's time-related problems stem from that airport.

Old Oct 14th, 2000, 03:50 PM
Diane Moll

We flew in September from Dulles to Denver on United, while our parents flew from Detroit on United and met us there for a connecting flight on to Spokane. We were a bit apprehensive but were pleasantly surprised in that we all made our connections in Denver, and actually arrived in Spokane early. Same thing on the return flights, everything went very smoothly and we were very pleased with the service.

Old Oct 14th, 2000, 05:35 PM
Nancy

Bettina,

Our flight would originate in Grand Rapids and would connect through O'Hare. The listed ontime percentages is a joke. The reason for my post was to ascertain whether things were still totally up for grabs with United or whether they have gotten their sh*t together yet. Although I'm a mellow passenger and don't let the delays get to me too much, I don't want to feel taken advantage of either. After some very nightmarish flights in June and mostly July, I'm hesitant to go back to them. But as I've said, they are my best option out of GR because I am MORE hesitant to fly those 'lil jets than I am to wait a couple of extra hours because United is screwed up. It's the lesser of evils...*shrug*

Old Oct 15th, 2000, 04:26 PM
anne

I flew United a lot in July/August from Australia and around the US. I like this airline and fly it all the time when I travel overseas. On this last trip, there were no problems at all other than turbulence. Had more problems with Air Canada (with the pilots strikes) and America West which delayed me for about 5 hours on an hour long flight!! I did an overseas trip with Delta about 5 years again, now that were flights from hell!!I always recommend United. I think it is a good airline, but then I only catch 6-8 flights once a year so what do I know!

Anne in Australia

Old Oct 15th, 2000, 05:15 PM
Randy

Nancy-you really should give Comair a try thru Cincinnati,a hub voted by passengers as a top ten favorite in the world.The CRJ's they fly are sleek,comfortable and fast.I would rather be on a full CRJ instead of a full MD88.Delta's service at CVG can take to a lot of places,and might I add that DL has been ranked as one airline with the fewest complaints for a long time! Try CVG-you won't be disappointed!