Unique wedding loction

Search

Unique wedding loction

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 01:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unique wedding loction

I recently became engaged and know that I will not be having a large wedding.
My family is in Texas and his is in Virginia.
We have decided that we would like to exchange vows amongst our few closest friends.
I am hoping to find that one place that will take my breath away. Location is not an issue as we are willing to travel. I have looked into something in the carribbean but can't find what it is I am looking for. Maybe something in the states
We would be spending 4+ days where ever we go and intend to have 2 other people with us.
If anyone has any ideas or links for me to look at of cabin/villa/vacation rentals/ please let me know.
Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 01:43 PM

well howdy fiestygoat- if you could give us a little more information about just what the special place in your mind is like. you mention the islands and if you are thinking a beach wedding i'm pretty sure you could find help on the caribbean forum. there are actually several threads on that subject right now.
so try to describe "your" place to us... the more details the better as there are alot of seasoned travelers here willing to share their experiences.
Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 01:47 PM
Original Poster

We are both living in VA right now. And I really have now idea what I want. Maybe I should put more thought into that before I go posting.
As I stated earlier there will be at least 4 of us.
Either the beach somewhere or the mountains. Within the states would be ideal. But I am not throwing anyones ideas out.
Something that will be romantic and memorable.
As I continue my search-I will say that I appreciate all ideas and will update as I have more info.
Thanks you!!
Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 04:42 PM

What time of year? What kind of budget? What about the families? Try looking on theknot.com
Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 05:00 PM

You might consider the Thorncrown Chapel in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. It's absolutely breathtaking!
Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 05:06 PM

Contact the Sanderling Inn in Duck, NC to see what they can arrange for you. A lovely place and a spectacular setting.
Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 05:11 PM

ok heres 3 ideas:
if by chance one of you is catholic there is a stunning small chapel called St. Malo near estes park and allenspark in colorado. you can see it at www.saintmalo.org found it by accident years ago and thought at the time that it would be a beutiful wedding spot. it took me a couple hours to come up with the name but it is really lovely.
next is the Chapel of the Transfiguration in moose, wy. no denomination. check pics at webshots or yahoo photo, etc. its a tiny all log chapel with an open window behind the alter that looks onto the tetons (arguably the most dramatic mtns in the lower 48)
or www.secretharbourvi.com a mid-size very very nice condo hotel on st. thomas. lovely beach for a wedding. have their chef make your wedding cake - his recipe is to die for!!!
Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 06:28 PM

Anyplace on the beach is nice for a small wedding-how about Hawaii.

Don't know if you are interested in coming west for your wedding. The Church of the Red Rocks in Sedona has a view that takes your breath away.
www.churchrr.com

In Los Angeles (Rancho Palos Verdes) there is the Wayfarer Chapel, that sits on a hill above the Pacific and looks out over the ocean.

I would imagine both of these locations book up pretty quickly. Let us know some of your preferences as others mentioned.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.
Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 07:28 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for all the wonderful ideas. We are going through each of them. Please continue to send any ideas and I will keep you posted on results. We are favoring out west somewhere.
Thanks
Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 07:46 PM

Google these....Post Ranch Big Sur,and, I think Ventana Big Sur. Breathtaking, yes, expensive, yes.
Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 07:48 PM

I second Susan CS's recommendation of Thorn Crown chapel. It's constructed entirely of glass and it almost feels as if you're in another century.

Plus, Eureka Springs is a beautiful, town with tons of scenery, shops and accomodations.

Here's a link:

http://www.thorncrown.com/
Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 07:49 PM

OK, the googles which work are Post Ranch Inn and Ventana Inn. Believe me, they will take your breath away.
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 01:38 AM

You can get married in the Berkeley Castle in Berkeley Springs, WV. 304-258-4000.
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 04:26 AM

OK, this is not west at all, but...

White Point, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia.

I got married there a few years ago. It's a breathtaking location.

We went to Nova Scotia with no location for the wedding selected. Someone local told us to check White Point out, it's not the kind of beach/point you'd find on your own.

Good luck with your wedding.

Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 04:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
The first thought I had was Lake Tahoe. I have never been, but the pictures of a winter in Tahoe is gorgeous. There is nice Hyatt there. This is on my list of places to see.
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 04:57 AM
GoTravel

www.LitchfieldPlantation.com

It is in Pawleys Island, SC. They also have a beach house where you can get married on the beach but in front of the almost 300 year old plantation house situated at the end of a spanish moss covered live oak lined drive is much more romantic.

Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 05:05 AM
cd

How about a cruise ship wedding. You can choose an island, europe or get married on board. Check out: http://www.theweddingexperience.com/cruiseship.html
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 05:14 AM

We were married 3 years ago in October at the Heritage House Inn located in Little River Calif--very near Mendocino. We were married on a cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean at Sunset it was breathtaking. The cottages had huge balconies overlooking the Pacific with fireplaces and such. We had dinner after in their dining room and it was excellant. There were just 6 of us and it was perfect. And the weather was perfect too. Website is www.heritagehouseinn.com.

Good Luck
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 06:05 AM

Gage Hotel in Marathon, Texas doe s alovel job with weddings, and it is in the mountains of Big Bend.
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 07:23 AM

Agree with the other Linda, the Mendocino coast is awesome. The high cliffs, the roar and squall of the sea ever present, sounds of seals in the distance.. The beach below the headlands at the mouth of the river is HUGE, or you could get married overlooking the ocean and stay at one of the incredibly romantic Inns or B&Bs in town (Mc Callum House, Alegria, etc) The Mc Callum House has 3 day packages available on luxurylink.com I got a 3 day package for $515!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -