Reload this Page >

Union Street Inn, San Francisco

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2001, 06:40 AM
JVaughan

Has anyone stayed at this inn? Looking for a nice place for 5 nights in October, as well as bed & breakfast in Sonoma for 2 nights. Thanks!

Old May 29th, 2001, 09:00 AM
sharon

Quite a number of posters have commented on the Union Street Inn. You can do a search by that name and get those postings.

I have not stayed there, but can recommend the area. I think Union Street is a very quaint area to stay in. You can catch a bus or walk to all of the hot spots. Plus you have lots of shopping and restaurants right there on Union Street.

If you do stay at the Union St Inn... visit Doidges for breakfast at least once (on Union between Filmore and Steiner).

Old May 29th, 2001, 12:12 PM
kam

Another suggestion in the area would be the Pacific Heights Inn. Lots of choices in Sonoma--in the wine country look at the Inn on the Plaza in Healdsburg. Our favorite small hotel is Madrona Manor just outside of Healdsburg. In the town of Sonoma itself look at Magliulo's Pensione or the Victorian Garden Inn. (don't stay in SF--live too close. Have stayed in Healdsburg)

Old May 29th, 2001, 01:31 PM
gerry

In San Francisco, you might also want to look at the Golden Gate. In Healdsburg, try the Camellias Inn.

Old May 29th, 2001, 01:56 PM
elizabeth

Hi - my husband and I have stayed at the Union Street Inn a couple of times and highly recommend it. It's in a great neighbourhood and the Inn itself is lovely. We stayed in the Carriage House - a self contained cottage at the rear of the property. Each morning they delivered an outstanding breakfast (the best B&B breakfast we've ever had!) - somedays we sat outside (weather permitting) - it was lovely! Don't hesitate to e:mail me for more info.