Reload this Page >

Two Week Hawaii Honeymoon

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 09:58 AM
potter

just starting to plan a two week honeymoon in hawaii. thinking 7 days in maui and then 4 in BI and 3 in kauai..or should we just do two islands, and if so, which ones? we want one island to be busy, meet a lot of people, great beach..and we would like to do one a little more unique - maybe stay in our own thatched hut?? help? we are also scuba divers. we aren't golfers.

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 11:17 AM
xxx

most thatched huts in Hawaii are in museums. I think you are confusing this place with French Polyneisa.

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 11:42 AM
xxx

This is a tree house on big Island.

http://www.nahiku.com/

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 11:43 AM
xxx

whoops that was Maui I know there is one near waipio valley on the big island also

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 11:49 AM
xxx

I stand corrected http://www.treehousesofhawaii.com/

see The Hale Hawaiian Treehouse Hotel there it has a thatched roof.

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 01:19 PM
AllyinSD

Potter: You might look into Kona Village on the Big Island for thatched huts. I've never stayed there, but have heard good things about it. Good luck!

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 01:41 PM
kwl

We did the same 3 islands for our honeymoon last May, but spent 5 on Maui, 3 on Kauai and 3 on BI. You really lose the days that you travel - 1 when you arrive to HI, 1 going M-K, 1 going K-BI and 1 when you leave HI. I'm glad that we did what we did, but wish that we could have spent more time on Kauai.

We stayed at Kona Village on the BI. It was absolutely wonderful! You stay in your own cottage (with a thatched roof), and the furnishings and bathroom are very much updated. Our stay was so relaxing, and we'd go back in a heartbeat. The one thing I would recommend is that you spend the night when you go to the Volcano. That way you have time to explore, and can see the lava at night without worrying about the 2 hour drive back.

Hope this helps. Happy planning!