Two quick Key West questions!

Jan 7th, 2005, 05:52 AM
Original Poster

Two quick Key West questions!

We just booked two condos at La Brisa, across from Smathers Beach for mid-March. Has anyone stayed at La Brisa or have any opinions about it? I realize it's not close to the action, but it was the best I could find for such a large group.

That brings me to my second question. The Bone Island Shuttle looks like it stops at Smathers Beach. That will be a great help to us, but what does it cost nowadays and how late does it run? If we have a late dinner and try to take the shuttle at 11:30 or midnight, is it still running? What about other options? Obviously a cab, but we'd need 3 cabs! Thanks for your replies!
H
Jan 7th, 2005, 06:48 AM

The Bone Island Shuttle runs until 11 pm. It looks like (from their website) tickets cost $7.20.
Jan 7th, 2005, 07:15 AM

Unfortunatly I can't help you with your questions but I just wanted to make sure you all were aware that mid March is peak Spring Break season there. We made the mistake of visiting there once during that time and I swore I would never do it again.
Jan 7th, 2005, 08:39 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Susan and Suzie for your prompt responses. Susan, I looked at their web site and didn't see the time nor the cost. I must still be sleeping.

Suzie, yes I did realize it is spring break. We've gone twice before during spring break, it seems to be the only time we can get away. However, the past two times we've stayed up the keys in the Duck Key area and just driven to Key West for the day. I'm excited to actually be staying on the island.
Thanks again,
H
Jan 7th, 2005, 10:30 AM

eaglefan - I can't remember how I found the price and operating hours but it took a long time. That's one of the worst designed websites I've ever seen!!
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:49 PM

You can also get multi-day passes. I think you can get 3 consecutive days for around $15 (but if you loose your ticket, you'll have to purchase another.) If the weather is quite warm, and it probably will be, you'll enjoy being able to hop on the Bone Island Shuttle and enjoy the air conditioning until you are ready to get off. It goes all around the island and is a good way to get around. We walked back one night after a show and late dinner (about 10 blocks -- and we are 2 females.) You might get stuck taking a cab back to your condo, but it might be better than walking if it's too far away. Ask the driver of the shuttle approximately when you should be back for the last shuttle at that stop.