Tuscon in comfort in March

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are looking for very comfortable accomodations and a good sized swimming pool in or near Tuscon for 5 days in mid-March. We've never been there.
We're debating between Casa Luna, a B& B with swimming privieges at the JCC and Lodge at Ventan Canyon or Loews Ventana Canyon.
Any thoughts? Thanks very much.
Old Feb 5th, 2007, 02:35 PM

We loved the JW Marriott Starr Pass. Beautiful property with spectacular views and lovely rooms. It is only about a year old, so everything was really nice and clean. Restaurants were all delish. It is about 15 minutes outside of Tucson, but with car it's easy to to get around.

Hope this helps...
Debi
Old Feb 5th, 2007, 02:48 PM

My elderly mother, my teenage daughter, and I stayed at the Westward Look in March several years ago, and I particularly liked the pool. They also had a sweet hot tub that even tempted my mom into it! On two evenings, I found myself the only one in the large pool, looking at the moon over the mountains. Check out the web site: http://www.westwardlook.com/default.aspx
Old Feb 5th, 2007, 02:54 PM

I live in Tucson and mid-March is not hot weather (at least not usually). Just want to alert you to that because you are focusing on swimming pools. While pools at resorts are heated it can be pretty cool (and/or rainy) outdoors in March.

Old Feb 6th, 2007, 12:34 PM

Yes, we were surprised at how chilly it was in March; since the pools (and of course, hot tub) were heated, that made them especially attractive. But getting to them required a warm coverup or the snuggly robes the resort provided.