Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Trying to pack for San Diego- leaving 3/3..any idea of upcoming weather? What kind of clothes should I bring?

Search

Trying to pack for San Diego- leaving 3/3..any idea of upcoming weather? What kind of clothes should I bring?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1st, 2005, 06:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are lightweight skirts and open-toe shoes okay or is it too cool? I'm up north where I'm in sweaters and boots, so totally confused! Thanks. Also, how much cooler is it at night? Is a denim jacket sufficient? Thanks!
Old Mar 1st, 2005, 06:21 PM

A quick look on Yahoo's weather has verified that it's cloudy and rainy there with a high of 65. So you'd be a bit chilly and damp in open-toed shoes. A denim jacket is probably fine over a long-sleeved shirt unless you're going to be outside for long stretches. In that case I'd wear a fleece jacket, or a lined raincoat.
Old Mar 1st, 2005, 06:26 PM

I think that we're supposed to have decent weather for the next few days. I've been wearing Dockers or jeans, closed toe shoes, and a t-shirt with a sweatshirt to put on when I'm cold (like in my office, lol). I'd go for some layers though. It's been in the mid 60's, and that's not skirt weather for me, but I tend to be cold so I think that it will be a matter of personal preference.

They're forcasting partly cloudy, but only a very slight chance of rain, so I wouldn't think that you will need boots. A denim jacket will be fine unless you'll be outside at night for a long period of time. Have a great time!
Old Mar 1st, 2005, 07:51 PM

I'm in La Jolla...no rain here today, it was gorgeous (with a teeny cloud here and there) and 67...I wore pants with flip flops....always a chance for rain on the coast, and definitely bring a light sweater for nighttime...but during the day the sun has gotten warmer the last 2 days or so =0
Old Mar 1st, 2005, 11:07 PM

Looks like it will be mid to high 60's for the weekend with maybe some light showers. Colorado, I'm like you, if it's not raining you might see me in open toe shoes with my jeans during the day (just hate those shoes). However, it is definitely cool enough at night for boots. I usually wear boots and my light leather jacket with either my jeans or slacks in the evening. Or your denim jacket would be fine.
Old Mar 2nd, 2005, 06:43 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses all...very helpful! I'm one of those people who feels warm in the high 60's, so that helps me! Plus, I'm 5 mos pregnant, so I'm warmer than usual with fewer clothing choices! I'm just hoping for a little sun while I come to enjoy your beautiful part of the country....thanks,
jacqui
Old Mar 2nd, 2005, 07:11 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thursday should be nice, there may be showers on Friday afternoon/evening, showers on Saturday, and maybe Sunday. We had a very heavy shower at my house in the middle of last night, but my son's girlfriend who lives several miles away from us had no rain.

Our high yesterday was 62 and if it is cloudy and rainy at the weekend, the temperature probably won't go much higher and may be lower.
Old Mar 2nd, 2005, 07:18 AM

Sunshine and blue skies this morning. We've had an unbelieveably wet winter, spring is around the corner. Bring an umbrella just in case.
Old Mar 4th, 2005, 11:24 AM

probably too late, but latest weather says rain and t-showers until Monday.