Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Tropicana's Island Tower Mini Suites in Vegas....

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2004, 01:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,We are going to Las Vegas Oct.27-30th and we are looking at the Island Tower Mini Suites at the Tropicana.It would be for 3 adults.Has anyone stayed in this type of room?? Can anybody comment on this room type?
Any help would be appreciated.
Debbie
Old Jul 17th, 2004, 10:27 AM
Original Poster

TTT.....
Since this is my first trip to Las Vegas
I was hoping to get some feedback for a place to stay.This room has a King Bed and a sleeper sofa.If somebody can suggest another hotel on the strip that might have this type of room please do!
I've looked into quite a few and the Tropicana seemed to fit us pritty good.
Does anyone know of a room with 2 Queens and a Sofa Bed too??
Any suggestions or help would be appreciated!
Debbie
Old Jul 17th, 2004, 10:29 AM
Original Poster

P.S. I did search out and look thru other threads for the Tropicana and Las Vegas but none of them helped...
Old Jul 17th, 2004, 01:08 PM

Debbie - The Tropicana is an older hotel, but the rooms are clean and the pool is fun.

The Venetian has a suite with two queens and a sofa bed - $243 a night on Expedia. The Jockey Club also has two queens and a sofa bed and is $149 on Expedia. It also gets good reviews on Trip Advisor - http://las-vegas-hotels.tripadvisor....as_Nevada.html. Although the pool at the Tropican would probably be more fun.

If you have another hotel you would rather stay at though, you could call the hotel and ask whether they have a room with three beds, or have rollaways available.
Old Jul 17th, 2004, 01:51 PM

I agree with BarbaraS the hotel is older. I have stayed a few times and some rooms were very clean and some well not really. I stayed in the suite and it was really small compared to the ones now a days. Remember this hotel is old. But the pool is nice and staff friendly and a great local.

The Venetian is great! Loved it and the Mandalay Bay has a awesome pool area called The Beach. Rooms are nice to. Also if you register on ther Ventian website they will send you discount rates.

I recently stayed at Harrahs and was pleasantly surprised very nice clean rooms for the price and good local to.
Rio was great to. I did not go to either pool area.

Good luck!!
Old Jul 17th, 2004, 01:54 PM

Sorry I forgot to say at Harrahs our room was so big we had 2 double beds and a rollaway brought in with no probelm in the room department.

The Rio is a all suite hotel but they gave us a HUGE room with 2 queens and a large sofa sleeper. It was in the new tower and the bathroom was huge also. Great room lots of room.
Good luck!
Old Jul 18th, 2004, 06:26 AM
Original Poster

Barbara and Momof,Thank you for your replies.Gee,I did not know it was going to be so hard deciding which strip hotel to stay at! We love the Venetian and the Mandalay Bay but don't really want to spend that much on the room.
There are three of us so they tack on an extra $35 per night for an extra person.
The Tropicana e-mailed me back and said the Mini Suite is $106 for the first two nights and $170 for Friday night.
We have looked at Barbary Coast,Ballys,Luxor,Harrahs and
the Flamingo.
I went to trip advisor.com,lvol.com,and cheapovegas.com to help me decide.As you can tell I'm still trying to decide.
I know it's Las Vegas.I should just choose one and be happy....Easier said than done.
Debbie