Trip to St. Louis from Chicago Question

Mar 26th, 2005, 05:45 PM
JJ5
Original Poster

Trip to St. Louis from Chicago Question

Is it worth it to stop in Champaign on the way, or is it better to put off all celebration for a couple more games?

Final Four- St. Louis here they come! In overtime: Illini 90 Arizona 89

Mar 26th, 2005, 06:03 PM
JJ5
Original Poster

We here are all positively giddy!

Mar 26th, 2005, 06:51 PM

My husband and son were at the game! My son entered the lottery last March. He didn't care who would be playing, he just wanted to see NCAA games. Wow, did he luck out!
Mar 26th, 2005, 08:38 PM
JJ5
Original Poster

What a lucky draw! The last quarter and the overtime were so nervewracking that a few of us could not watch. It was a tremendous comeback and pure luck within the last 2 minutes.

We go downstate to at least 1 football game a year, but have never went to a home basketball game. They actually have the lights up across one of the biggest buildings in downtown Chicago- ILLINI, already. Media here, especially radio, having been talking up this team for months. They deserve the alcolades, as Arizona played great and gutsy.
Mar 26th, 2005, 09:03 PM

My son said some of the Illini fans left, trying to beat traffic, thinking the game was over with 4 minutes left. That's something they must really regret! He's so excited (he's 15, this is definitely one of the highlights of his short life)! I have a feeling I'm going to be hearing about this, over and over, for some time to come!
Mar 26th, 2005, 09:19 PM
JJ5
Original Poster

Wow! My youngest son and I have a rule never to leave a game early. "It's never over till it's over."

My oldest son left the Bears game a couple years ago when they won with 2 interceptions and a run back in the last few minutes, and my youngest son has never let him forget it.

Your son will remember that night always. It will be a special benchmark to fix 2005 in his mind for a long, long time. How wonderful that your husband and son got to experience victory on that scale in such circumstances.

If the White Sox every do it, I'm sure we will all party and none of us will show up to work for at least 2 days afterwards. Sick, I know, but we have so many memories and connections over so many years, that it would be really special.

It's hopping here, but I bet campus is REALLY not sleeping tonight. My daughter lived down there for many years, but has been back now for 5. She has been wearing her U.of I. sweats for a week already. Well, they are going to have more than Bonnie Blair Street after this.