We are planning to do a road trip to niagara falls next weekend. We will be driving from Springfield, IL. Also I was thinking to go to NY city from Niagara falls and then drive back home. We have never been there before, so i have a few questions to ask.
1. How many days should we allocate for the trip including drive time? from google map I saw that drive time to niagara falls from springfield is about 11 hours. I can do that in a day.
2. Is next weekend a good time to go to niagara falls, or should we delay it further into the summer?
3. Any recommendations about a decent place to stay for both niagara and nyc? I am not looking for anything fancy or expensive, just a decent and safe place to stay. I dont want to spend more than I need to, to just sleep at night.
4. Any suggestions about a trip itinerary?
One more thing, I cannot go to canada, so we have to stay in the US part of niagara falls.
Thank you. Hoping to get some good suggestions.
And happy memorial day weekend everyone.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family Trip July 2018 Idaho to GNP
- 2 Buy Filagra FXT
- 3 Halekulani Hotel-Waikiki -anyone stayed there
- 4 Italian Provisions
- 5 New York in 5 days
- 6 RV Grand Canyon
- 7 girls trip / oregon
- 8 Newport Beach restaurants
- 9 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 10 Expedia
- 11 Need Help BAD! San Fran, Yosemite, Castiloga-Where else?
- 12 10 day California Trip in July
- 13 I need help
- 14 Vacations in New Orleans
- 15 4 days in Miami
- 16 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 17 Please help w/ 7 day itinerary for Vegas & Arizona
- 18 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 19 Ideas for 16th Birthday New York
- 20 Las Vegas TR
- 21 Moving from philly suburbs to St. Petersburg Florida area
- 22 Yosemite lodging ideas
- 23 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 24 NY theater district restaurant
- 25 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?