Reload this Page >

Travelodge in Santa Fe

Search

Travelodge in Santa Fe

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 07:56 AM
Krista

Travelodge in Santa Fe

Has anyone ever stayed at the Travelodge near the Santa Fe Plaza and State Capitol? It has a very cheap rate which concerns me since everything else in the area is rather expensive. I'm really on a budget and just want a clean place to sleep.

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 08:19 AM
Jim

I don't know where the Travelodge is exactly but if the address is Cerriollos rd (I didn't spell that right), that is where most of the chain budget motels are located. It is basically one busy main street where the budget lodging and food are located. It is an ok area that is about a 5-10 minute drive to the plaza.

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 08:27 AM
Anthony

Krista:
have you considered using priceline.com for a hotel in Sante Fe? Youcan get some GREAT bargains, around $35-$45/nt for that area. checkout www.biddingfortravel.com,
which is an online bulletin board for priceline bidding. There, you will see what hotels other people have gotten and at what price, and get advice on how and at what price level to start your priceline bidding.

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 12:22 PM
lisa

A friend and I stayed there over New Year's week and had a great time. We were looking for the same as you -- a clean place to sleep, not planning to be in the room that much, reasonably priced, and well located. That's exactly what we got. I thought it was a great value (I think it was $44/night?) I will try to top my trip report for you with details. It is not quite as close to the Plaza as they try to make it sound -- I am an avid walker but we chose to drive to the Plaza area and park because it was pretty far to walk there and back from the Travelodge. Plus, once you park in the historic area you still do a lot of walking while you're shopping and sightseeing. Our room was clean and comfortable, very basic, and had a refrigerator and coffeemaker. It had a fine shower but no tub. The "continental breakfast" was dreadful and I would skip it.

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 12:23 PM
r

Krista; is it Old Santa fe Trail near Alameda Street? If that's the one it's fine. It's an old-fashioned motel style with lots of parking. Very well located, too. It's been there for a long time so it's probably not very modern but will no doubt serve your purpose. Here's a tip: Try the India Palace Restaurant near there on Water Street. They have an all you can eat buffet from 12-2:30 every day that is award winning and costs about $7 or $8. have fun.r

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 01:01 PM
r

hi again krista; just realized where the Travelodge is. I think you would like a B +B better. go to google search engine and search for santa fe lodgings and you might very well find some affordable B + B's at that time of year. But if you don't mind a very motel-y lodging on a busy street then you won't be too far from things there at Travelodge. Whole Foods is nearby for quick ready-made meals. Good luck to you.