June.

Also, maybe someone knows this...Does AA
fly in the $250 range to any other city
out of Orlando that has plenty to do in terms
of scenery/family environment. Thanks!

Thanks for any input! I like this site!

Old May 17th, 2000, 01:07 PM
Joseph

Don't come to Raleigh to sightsee! If you need a job, or want to go to college, or visit with Senator Helms, it's great but don't come to sightsee. If you haven't been to Washington, D.C., I'd say do that. Just stay in well-lit tourist areas after dark is my only caveat.

Old May 17th, 2000, 02:17 PM
scigirl

Vegas does indeed get hotter than FL - but is less humid. It is a terrible place for site seeing. Unless you enjoy gambling, I'd avoid Las Vegas. DC is a great city (and like any other large city has some areas which are best, and easily avoided). There is a lot to do in DC, the weather will be much like FL in June, but maybe a little cooler.

You might check the American Airlines webpage to see where they have hubs - which would typically be the cheapest placed to fly. The cost of the ticket of course depends on how far in advance you purchase it, etc. American Airlines also has flights from FL (maybe Orlando) to various parts of the Bahamas, Key West, New Orleans, etc. that might be within your price range.

Old May 17th, 2000, 02:18 PM
lisa

I admit to being biased because I live in Washington DC, but DC would definitely be my first choice of the three you listed. Lots to see and do -- all the monuments and Smithsonian museums -- and if you get tired of the city and want pretty "natural scenery" you can rent a car and drive a couple of hours west to Shenandoah and be in beautiful country. If you haven't been to DC before you really should do it.

I used to live in NC and Raleigh would definitely be my last choice. North Carolina is a great place to live but not so great to visit except for the Asheville/Smoky mountains area in the western part of the state, or the Outer Banks in the eastern, and both of those are quite a distance from Raleigh.

None of the three places you listed are going to have cool weather in June but coming from Florida I'm sure you'll be fine.

Old May 17th, 2000, 02:51 PM
Gary

pati:

Another idea: American has a mini-hub in Boston, and non-stops from Orlando...the price would be similar to D.C. There are a lot of things to see in the Boston area, of course, and some beautiful scenery not far away.

Still...the D.C idea sounds good, too. Tough choice.

AA also has a hub at JFK...similar price. Manhattan? Long Island?

Old May 17th, 2000, 04:12 PM
cathy

I just got back from Vegas and I loved it. I would recomment it. It has everything. I go to Florida (i am from Canada) every year and I loved it and I am not a gambler. There is so much to see. You can rent a car for $20.00 a day (alot cheaper than Florida) and see the mountains, grand canyon, ghost towns, red rock canyon, hoover dam, or take in all the sights of Vegas. Lots of free shows and entertainment without gambling. My hotel room was $49.00 at the Barbery Coast which is right in the middle of the strip or you can be off the strip like at Sam's Town. The temps are 90-100 in the day but the humidity is nowhere near that of Florida. At night it cools down into 70's. I have been to Washington, DC as well and if you want interesting go with DC, but if you want excitment and nature go with Nevada.