Reload this Page >

travel tips for Los Angeles city

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2001, 10:02 AM
Bruno

Do you have any travel tips for Los Angeles?

Old Jan 22nd, 2001, 10:43 AM
Troll

Troll!

Old Jan 22nd, 2001, 01:04 PM
bob

Have more than one car and try not to drive either one. I hate to sound negative but I lived there and can tell you that traffic is as bad as it gets. In addition, LA is very spread out so plan on spending a lot of time in your car if you're sightseeing. Rule of thumb for LA is an hr to get to where ever your going (no joke).

Old Jan 22nd, 2001, 03:15 PM
xxx

Actually, everything in LA is only minutes away.

Old Jan 22nd, 2001, 04:51 PM
Paul Rabe

As noted above, the first about Los Angeles is that you MUST have a car in order to visit it, as everything is spread out and there is very little in the way of public transit. And be prepared for traffic -- it's part of the experience.

Good things to see in LA: amusement parks, shopping malls, beaches, touristy spots (places you go to for no other reason than because people go there), ethnic shops, night life, and (surprise!) hiking. There's not much spectacular in the way of history, culture, or museums.

If you're not a troll, and you want more specific information; you'll have to ask more specific questions.

Old Jan 22nd, 2001, 06:48 PM
Carrabella

Dont miss the Getty Museum off the San Diego Freeway in the hills. A fabulous building, with great views all over LA and the coast, and a wonderful coolection af art. Not too big, never boring. You must get to it on a free monorail ride, and you can park without a reservation at weekends or aftr 4pm.
To me, it is the best thing in LA!

There is also a Getty Roman Villa opening soon in Malibu, which should be interesting too.

And isn't downtown interesting? Olvera St, Union Station, Japan Town?

The Observatory was good too, and good views.

I'm coming back soon!