Travel Dreams! Analyze This!

Dec 4th, 2003, 12:22 PM
iceeu2

Travel Dreams! Analyze This!

Man did I ever have a whopper of a dream last night, and I have no upcoming travel plans! In this dream I turned on my computer at home on a Saturday morning. As soon as I turned it on.....a pop up said I could fly direct from Atlanta to Kauai for $181 (in real life, I don't think this exists). Well, I booked the flight immediately. We had to leave that afternoon (Saturday) and return on Tuesday. I went flying back to the bedroom to wake my husband so he could begin packing for us.
While he packed, I went to work (this was at a junkyard) to tell my boss that I would not be there on Monday or Tuesday because I was going to Hawaii! No one would listen to me. I turned on my work computer to show them I had an airline reservation and to get my e-ticket, but there were 1,000 emails and I could not find the confirmation!
Somehow I ended up back at home to find my packing husband frantically searching for my beaded evening gown (I'm sure in real life I do not own a beaded gown!). When I asked him what he was wearing on the day I wore my gown, he pulled out a pair of shorts and an aloha shirt!! I checked to see what all he had packed and he had not packed any underwear or shoes for me! Well, of course I went crazy....no shoes???? What could he possibly be thinking. Then when I kept checking, the one outfit I really wanted to take was in the dry cleaners and I called and the cleaners was closed for the weekend!! So, I told him to just forget it...we would just take 3 pairs of shorts and 6 tee shirts each.....and I would just have to do laundry before we came home....Grief, the flight didn't get to Honolulu (remember it was direct to Kauai!) until midnight Saturday and we had to come home on Tuesday! I told him to just shut the suitcase while I got on the computer to email all of the nutty Kauai fodorites so I could tell them I was on my way to Hawaii.....next thing I knew I heard bells ringing.......it was my alarm!!! I guess we never got packed!!???

Well, this morning when my husband got up he started telling me about his dream (no, not going to Hawaii). He was in an out of this world English class in college with one of his high school buddies!!

Now, just what is going on that we both got up telling dreams...we NEVER do that! BTW, we had pizza last night....could that be it.

You Kauai bound nutty Fodorites have fun...but remember I am dreaming about you!!

Dec 4th, 2003, 12:33 PM

Loved the beaded gown part. Must be a nod to the season (we all have beaded gown events to go to right? )

Those dreams where you never get packed or make any progress when there is a deadline are the ones that wake me up in a sweat. Yes that does need some analysis!!
Dec 4th, 2003, 12:35 PM
GoTravel

From what I can tell, this dream means you are jonesing to go back to Hawaii but lack or money and/or time makes this trip difficult right now or in the near future. Being without underwear is money anxiety.

You also have some serious fustration issues going on at work.

This is an anxiety dream. See how hurried you are? You are in a constant state of panic.

As for your husbands dream, did he have Mexican by chance last night?

Dec 4th, 2003, 12:56 PM

You want to go shoe shopping in Hawaii?

I have hurried, running around dreams when I'm stressed.
Dec 4th, 2003, 01:20 PM

I would love to know why Alfred Molina was in my dream the other night ~

My typical dream:
Standing in front of the closet, wondering what to wear.
My typical reality:
Standing in front of the closet, wondering what to wear.

Dec 4th, 2003, 01:36 PM

Oooo. I always dream about hopping over to Europe. A lot of the time I am over there & have misplaced my husband but it's like getting separated at the mall. You know they are very near but still missing. It seems like we are usually living there & unexpectedly living there -- I guess we go there & for some reason stay & it always seems to be spur-of-the-moment. Sometimes I am there with an ex-friend or my sister or someone else & I am anticipating the arrival of my husband or other people. Once, we were in Paris & my husband was missing as usual so he started working at an artsy type shop I guess until we find each other.

Anyone have any clues? Also, I tend to dream about places repeatedly that I have never seen. Go figure.
Dec 4th, 2003, 02:37 PM
Kal

I HAVE THAT SAME BEADED GOWN!!! quot;>

You're actually dreaming of going to Kauai because you can just see me sitting down in front of a massive burrito at you-know-where!
Dec 4th, 2003, 03:03 PM

Kal, you have that same beaded gown ?? LOL thank you!!
Dec 4th, 2003, 04:29 PM
Kal

Scarlett-Some think I have better legs than I'2.
Dec 4th, 2003, 04:37 PM

Phew~ I am just relieved that the dreams are back to be analyzed!
Tell me more about that beaded dress..is it red?
Dec 4th, 2003, 04:40 PM
iceeu2

Guess we aren't doing traditional Christmas attire this year. The gown is aqua.

Dec 4th, 2003, 04:42 PM
wow

I thought it was black!
Dec 4th, 2003, 06:48 PM

The black one's for Europe. Aqua is much better for the islands.
Dec 4th, 2003, 06:53 PM

I like the Red one. So does Pup.
Dec 4th, 2003, 07:01 PM

Well, you know, as a mental health professional I was quite interested in this thread, but now that it has advanced as far as Pup wearing a red beaded gown, I'm getting a little concerned. If Jung was right about the Collective Unconscious, we're all in big trouble.
Dec 5th, 2003, 05:26 AM

The only thing about your dream that seems odd is having your husband pack for you.I think this is an indicator of severe problems and you should seek immediate help.