Reload this Page >

transportation to New Jersey

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2000, 12:39 PM
SRahill

Will be flying into La Guardia in the morning and want to spend the afternoon in museums and shopping in NYC. What would be the best way to get from La Guardia and/or Metropolitan Museum to New Jersey. Thanks!

Old May 1st, 2000, 03:43 PM
Helen

Where in New Jersey?

Old May 2nd, 2000, 12:26 PM
debra

Carey bus from Laguardia is about $10.00 to various points.

Old May 3rd, 2000, 07:21 AM
SRahill

We will be staying in Parsippany NJ two nights and then in Times Square for one.

Old May 3rd, 2000, 12:30 PM
Glen

If you are going into the city you can take an Olympia Trails bus from the Port Authority bus terminal, or several other locations, to Newark International for $11.00. Or another option is to check out the PATH train into Jersy. I've found the bus to be convenient and usally takes around 45 minutes with traffic. Have Fun.

Old May 3rd, 2000, 06:20 PM
Geoff

I live two towns over. The trains do not go to Parsippany so you want the bus. Take one of the bus lines from Laguardia to Port Authority. Then go down stairs to the main level, towards the back where the ticket sales are. You want Lakeland, they are combined with some other bus companies, go to any one of the 5 windows along the line and buy your ticket. You then have to go back upstairs two flights to gate 405. The bus route is Route 3 to Route 46. If you've got a hotel, Route 46 is hotel row. But not all hotels are located there so make sure you know the right stop - Parsippany is any one of 5 stops.