Transportation from San Francisco airport

Old Oct 5th, 2001, 11:35 AM
Jean

Transportation from San Francisco airport

Hi - need info today if possible...what's the best way to get from SFO to the Union Square / Financial District area (I hear my hotel is convenient to both of those areas, although they do not provide airport shuttles). I'm fine with taking a taxi if that's the best way - any idea how much the fare would be? Thanks.

Old Oct 5th, 2001, 12:35 PM
Goldie

Jean-
Taxi will run anywhere from $25-40 depending on traffic and route taken. Best bet is the Super Shuttle that leaves from the upper level, it's what I always use at SFO. Runs regularly and reliably, costs under $20 and taked you right to your hotel.

Old Oct 5th, 2001, 01:23 PM
kam

TAxi fastest--about $ 35-40. SuperShuttle was $14-17 per person last time I looked. If there are more than two in your party or if you need to save time, take the taxi.Despatchers will help at most hours of the day. Easy!

Old Oct 5th, 2001, 01:46 PM
Susan

We took the Super Shuttle, it was cheap-$12 per person, but the ride was very scary, we had a driver who was new & only on his 3rd shift, he drove like a maniac, conducting personal business on his cell phone, so only one hand on the wheel most of the time! We had 2 other passengers w/ different stops, & even though we were on the van first, he dropped us off last, oh well, we got to see rather interesting parts of SF that we wouldn't have otherwise.

Old Nov 4th, 2001, 01:19 PM
wendy

We were told to try the SFO transporter. Pick up at baggage claim-lower level. $12 pp

Old Nov 4th, 2001, 03:16 PM
Patrick

I assume you are traveling alone? If two or more people are together it makes no sense taking a shuttle -- spend just a couple more dollars at that point and take a taxi.

Old Nov 5th, 2001, 12:40 PM
hello

Taxi maybe faster, as the shuttle driver picks up other passengers and you may end up the last one out of 5 or 6. The shuttle fare is $14-17, so if you are alone shuttle is cheaper. Both deliver you to your hotel's doors.

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 10:54 AM
Larry

Here's the cheap way. Take a free Caltrain shuttle to Milbrae station and a Caltrain to San Francisco.(twice/hour more during rush hours) Walk around the corner and grab a 30 or 45 muni bus that goes on Kearney St. which is between Union Sq and the Financial District.
Total cost $3/person.

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 12:15 PM
Kate

I've had good luck with American Airporter. Costs about $14, I think. I would NOT recommend Super Shuttle -- the few times I've taken it, the service has been horrible.

While it's true that shuttles may make several stops, since you're at Union Square you're likely to be one of the first drop-offs.

Then again, the local taxi drivers are more in need of your dollars than big corporations, so if you're spending company money, I'd recommend taking a taxi to help out the drivers.

Safe travels!