Transportation around San Francisco

Jun 18th, 2001, 05:28 PM
haze

Transportation around San Francisco

I'm going to be in San Francisco for a wedding and have all day Friday till 6pm to look around for the first time. Is it worth renting a car to get to San Francisco and then take public transportation after I park the car? I'll be coming in from Freemont.

Jun 18th, 2001, 08:59 PM
sharon

Personally, I would hop on BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) to the city and have a blast. Get off at the Powell Station and walk to Union Square and China Town. Stop at a cafe for a cup of coffee or at a restaurant for a glass of wine. Let me know if you want more specific recommendations.

Jun 19th, 2001, 04:58 AM
garyt

Look into a Grayline Tour...they offer tours from 2-8 hours with stops at key points...also alcatraz or a bay cruise...let them drive, make some new friends and get a taste of the whole city. Have fun.

Jun 19th, 2001, 10:05 AM
kam

Don't rent a car, that's crazy. If you're staying at a hotel in Fremont, many have shuttles to SFO and then you can get a taxi from there to the city.

Jun 19th, 2001, 10:13 AM
kam

Sorry clicked too soon....go to www.bart.gov for information on how to take BART up to the city from Fremont. Easy!

Search this Thread