Search

Toursaver Book

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toursaver Book

Is the Toursaver book worth a $100 investment for a six-day stay in the Girdwood-Anchorage-Talkeetna-Whittier area, plus a southbound cruise to Vancouver? Two couples, plus 13-year old = two books?
Old Jun 12th, 2009, 10:34 PM

You can figure it out for yourself before you go - www.toursaver.com
How many of the coupons are you likely to use? What time of year? (Lots are only valid till mid Sept)
A couple of flights or cruises would recoup the investment.
Old Jun 13th, 2009, 11:14 AM

You might look into the Northern Lights Coupon book for alaska. It had more of the tours and lodging I was looking for and half the price. It's listed under the link below. I booked several tours and lodging with it and had no problems.
http://www.alaska-discounts.com
Old Jun 15th, 2009, 07:29 AM

We purchased the Northern Lights for the Whittier Glacier cruise. The discount for the cruises paid for the book and then some. 1 book = 4 tickets for the Prince William Sound tour. This coupon allowed us to buy 2 tickets and the other 2 were free. Don't know when you are going but there is buy one get one train trip to Denali or Fairbanks but there are various expiration dates for the Alaska Railroad coupons.
Old Jun 21st, 2009, 08:56 PM

we'll be in girdwood area six days, then SB cruise to Vancouver....wondering about flightseeing/helicopter landings...
Old Jul 7th, 2009, 10:35 PM

I'm interested in unloading my Northern Lights book.

A Northern Lights coupon book for Alaska, with coupons (mostly "buy one get one free" coupons) for day cruises, kayaking trips, restaurants, fishing expeditions, etc. I used only 5 coupons(see the following) out of the book during my trip, so the vast majority of coupons are still in the book and valid through October 14, 2009 (http://www.alaska-discounts.com).

Kenai fjord northerwestern tour 2-for-1
Portage glacier cruise 2-for-1
Sealife center 2-for-1 admission
Anchorage native heritage center 2-for-1 admission (The book comes with two coupons, the other one is still in the book)

Pratt museum 2-for-1 admission (The book comes with two coupons, the other one is still in the book)

If anyone who's interested, feel free contact me.
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 12:35 PM

I am a long time advocate of the excellent tour discounts offered by toursaver. Key, is to determine, what you would use, THEN book them to be certain the offer would be available to you before you purchase the coupon book. Few companies require you to have the book in advance.
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 12:06 PM

back in action...thanks for the info...didn't realize the northern lights book had 2-4-1's....thought it was mostly reducted fares...have one toursaver in hand (via e-bay) and will look at the other as well...thanks again...