Reload this Page >

Topaz Hotel , Any information ??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 05:07 PM
Steven V

We will be coming to Washington D.C. at the end of this month and have landed what I believe to be a great rate, but realy dont know much about the hotel or the area ( Dupont Circle ), thanks for any info.

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 10:18 AM
tttt

TTopping for Steven

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 12:10 PM
g

We stayed at the Topaz in the middle of October right after it opened. We got a great rate through Quickbook and found the hotel to be a change of pace from institutional hotel chains. The hotel is on a quiet street about 1 block from restaurants and it is 2 blocks from the Dupont Circle metro station. I would highly recommend this place.

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 07:43 AM
martha

My hubby, 4-y.o. son and I stayed at the Topaz about a month ago. The whole experience was great. The hotel is about 1-2 blocks from DuPont Circle. It is an older building with 10 floors or so that has been converted into a boutique hotel. The rooms were pretty funky -- festive and young-feeling. My favorite part was the bed -- fantastic! The mattress was great and seemed to have some kind of a thick cover on it, maybe a pillow top. It also had a down comforter and at least 4 down pillows. All of us slept very well. The bathrooms were very clean and pleasant, too. Plus, the bathroom and outer walls are very well insulated. I could not hear my husband taking a shower at all or the outside corridor noise and we were right by the elevator! If you want to get in a workout or two, you can ask the front deskperson where to jog or walk or you can use the YMCA, which appears to be new, for a $5 fee, I believe. I give the Topaz a huge thumbs-up and plan to stay there next year again.

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 08:11 AM
Kristin

Topaz is wonderful! Also, check out the Hotel Rouge (owned by the Kimpton Group as well). Topaz is probably better for families, Rouge more for couples looking for a romantic weekend, I would say. Both are such a refreshing change from run-of-the-mill hotels.