Reload this Page >

Tony n' Tina's Wedding

Search

Tony n' Tina's Wedding

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2001, 09:35 AM
irene

Tony n' Tina's Wedding

Any comments on Tony n' Tina's Wedding? Is it also recommendable for people whith minor knowledge in English?

Thank you for your help!

Old May 21st, 2001, 09:39 AM
Howard

It's silly fun, best enjoyed going with a group of people! I'm not sure how much a non-native-English-speaking person would enjoy the show, as the performers greatly interact with the audience.

Old May 21st, 2001, 09:53 AM
Monica

I saw it in NY and thought it was awful. It's not much of a show -- nothing interesting happens at the wedding or the reception, so it's more like being at the wedding of someone you barely know. All the characters are stereotypically Italian and the food is unimpressive. But I don't think it matters how well you understand English, since you already know what happens at weddings.

If you're looking for a show that would be good for non-English speaking people, Blue Man Group and Stomp are both excellent.

Old May 21st, 2001, 11:19 AM
Tonya

I saw Tony & Tina's wedding last week. I thought it was hysterical. I'm not sure people that speak little English would enjoy. I went with a group of friends, and had a great time. The food isn't great, so eat before hand. It's all that you want to make it out to be. As long as you won't get offended by the way they make fun of Italians. You'll have a great time.

Old May 21st, 2001, 11:28 AM
gail

Saw it in SF.Loved it (then again I am Italian). I think it would not be as funny to an observer who did not know the stereotypes that are being made fun of (lovingly I am sure!).

Old May 21st, 2001, 12:46 PM
Howard

In response to comments about the food served during the show, it's supposed to be lousy! That's just the point! The food is lousy, the service is lousy and the wedding is lousy! But, it's funny! The characters happen to be Italian, but you could easily substitute any ethnic group and it would still be funny.
Go with the understanding that you are part of the show! Join in. (We chatted with family members, etc.) That's where the fun is. To enjoy the show to it's fullest, you don't go just to watch!

Old May 21st, 2001, 02:48 PM
Sarah

Toni and Tina is a really fun experience. My son played the photographer in NYC a number of years ago, and we went and had a ball! The food isnot supposed to be good as Howard said. You just have to go with the flow. I think you will all enjoy no matter what language you understand!!

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 05:53 PM
barbara

i saw this in pontiac, mich. thought it was very good. the actors were good and so was the food. the whole thing was done in english. i would go see it again.

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 09:32 AM
Jax

I saw the show in Buffalo and thought it was great! Go with a large group of people if you can, it makes it all the more fun! Ditto on eating something beforehand. The show is full of constant action, so constantly look around you to see what wacky things are going on!!