Tony and Tinas wedding-New york

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 03:41 PM
marilynn

Tony and Tinas wedding-New york

Anyone have any comments on this? I understand its great entertainment

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 04:17 PM
don

I haven't been to the production in New York but did see it in my hometown when it came here as part of our Broadway Series. I found it to be very enjoyable, the first part is the wedding and the second part the reception. The actors stay in character the whole time (family feuds and all) while the audience are the wedding guest. Don't be suprised if you become part of the play. It can be lots of fun!

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 09:23 PM
xx

Don't think of it as theatre. It is something that is best enjoyed if you have already had a few drinks when you start and you are with a group of friends and ready to party.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 04:14 AM
Ellen

I went to the Boston production. As xx stated, lubrication and pretending you're at a wedding reception do help. I was there as part of a "bachelorette party" for a gal in her twenties and it seemed like most of the other people there were, too. The few couples seemed really out of place.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 07:05 AM
kkj

I went to the Chicago production. It's a fun evening, but more of a participatory event than going to the theater. The more you put into the experience, the more you will get out of it. Think of it as a low class wedding, with every kind of stereotypical nightmare guests and family in attendance. If you go with the flow you'll have a blast. If you sit back and want to be entertained go to something else.

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 05:38 AM
mari

not a single reply from a New Yorker I am surprised but thanks everyone

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 09:05 AM
Howard

Ok, here's a New Yorker's response. We saw the show many years ago, so I can't help you with a current review. We thought it was great fun when we saw it. One suggestion: Go with a group; it's more more that way.

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 11:42 AM
nonny

I can tell you this much--the guy who plays the father of the bride in the latest production is the same guy who played the groom years ago. Time flies,eh??