tips for manasota key (englewood)

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 09:58 AM
Yvonne

tips for manasota key (englewood)

Does anyone know of a car rental in Englewood that also has a rental at Tampa Airport? I have used Venice (Huffman Aviation) but would like to find a closer one? Also, besides the wonderful beach, what are other attractions in the area?

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 11:27 AM
Karen

I'm not sure about the car rental in Englewood. There's not much to do on Manasota Key besides the beach. On the south end of the key, there are three great restaurants: Gulf View (sunsets), Lock & Key, and Crabby Georges. Don't go to Mad Sam's - food's terrible. There are fishing charters on the south end of the key which is a great way to spend a day.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 11:54 AM
Patrick

It is a very laid back area, best enjoyed just relaxing, beaching, or fishing. For excitement you could go over the bridge to the local walmart, I suppose.
Best nearby attractions are either Sarasota -- lots to do there, or a trip south to Gasparilla Island / Boca Grande -- not much there either, but a very quaint and different atmosphere.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 04:39 PM
jaye

Have lived one mile from Manasota Beach for 13 yrs. I just don't know about rental cars except that Enterprise has an office in Englewood. You'll have to research if they have one in Tampa. You can write to me as I would need to know if you will have a car and what range (miles) for other activities you feel are acceptable. Luna Pizza at the Venice Village Shops has HUGE portions and reasonable prices, they don't take reservations.

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 08:38 AM
Yvonne

Thanks for tips to everyone. Since car rentals are not working, does anyone know of scheduled bus service from Tampa Airport to Englewood?

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 12:51 PM
Tom

The beach is about the only thing to do on Manasota Key. Thats why I live here. Nothing for the tourists to flock to. Fishing is good. No bus service from Tampa airport. Enterprise has an office at the airport and in Englewood. Since I live here, if you have any other questions get back to me and I'll help. The big city Sarasota, lots of things to do is about 40 miles north.