Reload this Page >

Tips for Driving I-75 to Florida

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 1997, 07:25 AM
Allen

I'm planning my Vacation to Disney, and plann on Driving from Toronto Ontario, to Florida. I plann on taking two days to do it. Any tips I should keep in mind? Detours, shops, Hotel(s), state police etc. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old Apr 4th, 1997, 07:36 AM
Paula

We are also planning on driving Florida on I-75.
We found an inexpensive Days Inn West in Knoxville, which is about half way from T.O. for $41 us a nite.
Call the 1-800-days-inn for reservations at the Days Inn on Lovell Road in Knoxville.

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 02:49 PM
vista cruiser

Just keep it between the lines, Allen.

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 03:18 PM
Iseeu

Watch out for the state police in GA!

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 03:43 PM
Paul

Absolutely!

Pick up a copy of Driving The I-75 from your bookstore. It is also available at Amazon.com and I will give you the address at the bottom of this post.

I always stop at The Corbin Inn at the Williamsburg, Kentucky exit. It is a Marriot hotel, run by the local students interested in hotel/restaurant services at the campus across the street (Corbin College). Indoor pool (nice), excellent restaurant, and one of the cleanest places I have ever stayed at. It can't be beat. You can also get coupons at the visitors centers as you enter each state. The coupons are good for the hotel I just mentioned, as well as for many other hotels along the way. Often brand new hotels will advertise in these coupon books.

Happy Trails,
Paul

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 03:44 PM
Paul

Whoops.. all of that and forgot to give you the Amazon addy for the book I mentioned above (sorry).

http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/ts/...286457#details

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 08:05 PM
pull over tip

When you get pulled over, and you will get pulled over.

1) Do not take out your drivers license
2) Use the word sir
3) Ask this question, "sir, respectfully sir, i ask if you could please tell me where the next rest room is."
4) He may lead you with his lights on to the bathroom himself.
5) If this doesnt work, cooperate,

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 07:00 AM
Jill

There's a good website someone gave me on here once (and I am SO sorry that I don't have the address handy) that will tell you all of the construction delays, which there will be plenty of. The website helped us avoid a 2 hour delay this past April near the TN border.

Keep in mind it wil be a long 2-day trip. From Detroit, we usually stop in Marietta, GA on our way down (a little more than half-way) and London, KY on our way home. We try to do an extra 2 hours or so the first day to make the second day of travel a little easier.

Get on the road early. You're usually excited about the trip, but by later in the day you'll be exhausted (amazing how just sitting in the car makes you so tired!)