Things To Do In Miami Beach

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18th, 1999, 02:57 AM
Chris Davison

Hello all,
my brother is flying down from Canada next month and we are going to head to Miami (I live near Saint Augustine, FL). Can anyone tell me some fun things to do in and around Miami and the Beaches? Also, good nightclubs to go to and/or places to stay? We are both in our 20s and single, never been to Miami. All responses are greatly appreciated.
--Chris ([email protected])

Old Jul 18th, 1999, 08:16 PM
Joe

You might try going to any of the clubs in the Art Deco district of South Beach. A lot of celebs and models hang out there from time to time, even if they are in private VIP rooms.
Joe

Old Jul 19th, 1999, 12:09 PM
Chris, er, Mavison

This is Chris, uh, Mavison, encouraging everyone to give this total stranger lots of good advice so he and his brother can have a good time.

Old Jul 19th, 1999, 12:26 PM
Brian in Atlanta

Try to stay in South Beach, not Miami Beach proper. The beaches, architecture and nightlife are much better down there. Anywhere between 21st and 5th Street is good (17th is perfect).

There are a lot of clubs on Washington (I think?) one block away from the beach drag (Collins Ave). The happening ones will be tough to get into (dress to impress) and will charge a hefty price ($15) and the dead ones will beg you to come in for free.

The whole scene is great for singles (bars, cafes, restaurants, clubs) but bring lots of cash.

Old Jul 21st, 1999, 08:34 AM
Chris Davison

Dressing to impress sounds like a good plan, and I will be looking for some of the top clubs in South Beach. I work in entertainment and have lots of connections, but only a couple in Miami (never been there) so I will make sure to carry big bucks. Any particular clubs to recommend? Other things to do in the area, as in during the day?

Old Jul 21st, 1999, 01:17 PM
Susan Scott

A lot of the best clubs in South Beach pick their guests, so don't be offended if you can't get in. If you do get in, you will have to pay some $$$ for entry fees and things won't be cheap...but the people are very international and usually very attractive so it may be worth it to single young men .

Old Jul 21st, 1999, 07:47 PM
Diane

A club that is lots of fun with great entertainment is Mango's in South Beach. The food is only fair, but the club's entertainment value is exceptional. If the clientele is heavily latin, the dance floor will be an awesome show by itself. Plus the girls and guys who work there are extraordinary dancers as well.

Old Jul 22nd, 1999, 12:13 PM
Linda

Definitely check out South Beach during the day if you are a single young man (trust me on this) and also stop by the Delano Hotel, maybe you will bump into Madonna (not likely but stranger things have happened). Finally, if you see me and ask me to dance, don't be upset if I refuse, I have a boyfriend!