Reload this Page >

Things to do in LA on your own?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 07:06 PM
Ardith

I'll be in LA (business in Westwood)for 3 days by myself. I'd love suggestions about where to stay, where to visit and where to have dinner on my own without feeling uncomfortable. Thanks.

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 10:29 PM
Sarah

I would highly recommend spending some time up at the Getty Center. It's close to Westwood and free. There's a cafeteria up there at the museum that has pretty decent food and offers outdoor seating with some great views.

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 07:25 AM
Ellen

I spent some time in L.A. on my own as my friend was working while I visited. I spent one day strolling the promenade in Santa Monica & walking the boardwalk. The beach is also an option. You could also spend a morning at LaBrea Tarpits or take a tour of Frank Lloyd Wright's Hollyhock House. Getty Museum is great. You won't feel out of place going alone to any of the above. For meals, try any sushi bar. If you have a car and are not afraid to leave the immediate area, take a ride to Pasadena (1/2hour or so) to the Huntington Gardens. You could spend a whole day there. There is a museum, unbelievable gardens, & several outdoor cafes. Buy a book about the gardens and read it over lunch.

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 01:24 PM
Lustyblonde

Go to a movie, like Paul Rueben aka Pee-Wee Herman did?

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 07:28 PM
Ardith

Sarah & Ellen,

Your suggestions are great. Thanks.

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 12:47 PM
kam

I would also go to the Farmers Market---good people watching and lots of small places to eat.

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 12:50 PM
xxx

Look into getting yourself a ticket to one of the show tapings. I've been to these by myself while in LA on business and have found it to be an enjoyable outing. Plus if you go to one at CBS, you're right down the street from the Farmer's Market on Fairfax.