Search

Things to do at Memorial day/weekend 2024 Tampa, Ford Meyers, Miami

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2024, 04:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Things to do at Memorial day/weekend 2024 Tampa, Ford Meyers, Miami

Hi There,

Patrick from the Netherlands. Me and my family (My wife, a little girl of 3,5 years old and me) are making a trip to Florida in may 2024.
First we will go on a cruise and afterwards we will enjoying Disneyworld for a week or so.
Around the memorial weekend (the 26st of may) we will leave Disneyworld with a rental car and I was wondering what to do for memorial day.
I looked at Tampa, Ford Meyers and Miami (and around Miami) but I can't find any information on things to do in and around these Cities.
Some websites say: Still to be announced and others only show large beach BBQ's and markets you can visit, but nothing in detail.
Is there anyone who can provide me with some details on must see or must visit on the 26th / 27th of may?
I would love to be part of a local memorial ceremony, air show, militairy display or something like that. And maybe some festivities around which are worth visiting.
Old Jan 28th, 2024, 05:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, 50 minutes southeast of Ft. Meyers is Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary. Although composed mostly of wetlands, this 13,000-acre preserve contains the world’s largest remaining old-growth bald cypress forest (430 acres) with one bald cypress tree measuring 24 feet in circumference. Wildlife include alligators, black bears, and the Florida panther. Walk the 2.25-mile boardwalk through the swamp.I found a link to Memorial Day events in Southwst Florida from last year. They probably have the same events this year: https://www.fox4now.com/news/local-n...thwest-florida

Last edited by PrairieHikerI; Jan 28th, 2024 at 05:48 AM.