Reload this Page >

Things to do at Grand Canyon for 2 ladies

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2000, 02:17 PM
skis

Anything suggested for 2 left on rim while the rest of their friends go on 2 day mule ride? Any helicopter or plane tours,etc.Also, dining advise.

Old May 11th, 2000, 02:35 PM
kam

Will you have a car? Suggest driving over onto the Navajo reservation to a trading post to look at Indian jewelry etc. (it's not too expensive and a fun day) Also, you could go down to Sedona for gallery hopping and a nice lunch at the Enchantment Inn. Try to book a dinner reservation at the old El Tovar Hotel on the South Rim. The food's not fantastic, but it's a memorable experience. There are helicopter and small plane tours as well and an IMAX theatre.

Old May 11th, 2000, 04:33 PM
Paul Rabe

Dress in a hat and long, cotton clothes; put on lots of sunscreen; carry and DRINK lots of water; and then hike down the Bright Angel Trail early in the morning. Turn back the SECOND you BEGIN to feel tired or sore -- the walk up is three times worse than the walk down!

Even a thirty minute walk will allow you experience the Canyon in a way most tourists don't.

Old May 12th, 2000, 02:20 PM
skis

Yes,we have a car.Any one helicopter tour suggested.

Old May 12th, 2000, 02:59 PM
CMcDaniel

I'll second Paul's advice! Even a 30 minute hike will give you an entirely different perspective and it's not difficult. It's a well beaten path. On our last trip I even saw a woman in chunky two inch heels on the Bright Angel trail...hardly recommended though!

I take it they are going down to Phantom Ranch? What a trip--you won't consider going too? They'll come back ooohing and aaahing and carrying on 'til you'll be sorely tempted to rudely shush them in whatever manner available! If you hike even a short distance, then you'll be able to relate somewhat to what they are saying, otherwise it's going to be pretty obnoxious listening to them when they get back!