The Venetian's Restaurants?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2004, 05:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are going to Vegas next week with my sister and her fiance. It is her first time there and we are staying at the Venetian for 2 nites and Mirage for 2 nites, She requested that we dine in the Venetian for the 2 nites, because it looks so wonderful(in her words). Of all the restaurants there, quite a few I know, which ones would you recommend? Thanks Judy
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 05:26 AM

If she thinks the Venetian looks so wonderful, she'll probably be happy in the food courts.
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 06:57 AM
Original Poster

What a pretentious schmuck you are! And I suppose YOU have been to Venice, you twit! I love when people post such negative replies. Thanks for being so positive and informative. Take your pills, nurse has precribed.
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 07:00 AM

I liked Postrio for lunch. Sitting on
"St. Marks Square" watching people and actors go by was very enjoyable. The food there is good, not great, but the service and ambience were very fun. (The CastleRock cabernet by the glass was delicious, if they still have it!) Have fun!!!
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 08:13 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Frankie, for the positive feedback. Postrio has received both positive and negative reviews on some sites I have read, yet the atmosphere looks delightful on Venetian's Imax web site. Judy
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 08:14 AM

Yes, I have been to the real Venice several times, thank you very much. I found little in the plastic mall atmosphere of the LV hotel to remind me of that. I stand by my comment, pretentious or not. If someone is so impressed with the interior mall atmosphere of the hotel she'll probably like the foodcourts there, or sitting by the cement canal. if she's looking for fine dining, then Postrio, Valentino, and Pinot Brasserie are very good and offer an escape from the mall atmosphere. I've not eaten at Postrio there, but have at the other two.
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 08:17 AM

The Delmonico Steakhouse is said to be one of the best in Vegas. I haven't eaten there personally, but I have a friend who won't eat steak anywhere else. I took my DH to Zeffirino for his birthday and it was excellent. It seemed like it was pretty authentic Venetian cuisine, based on my Venice research so far (we're planning a trip this fall).

They had plates like cuttlefish in squid ink and other seafood related plates. They also had some chicken and beef plates if seafood isn't your thing. I got a crab and rice plate and it was sooooooo good. My DH got a traditional pasta and tomato sauce dish, which was also excellent.

The restaurant overlooks the end of the Grand Canal, where the gondoliers stop and sing. If you're lucky enough to get a seat overlooking the canal, it's amazing. We got a seat way in the back, but it was quite cozy. Those are my 2 recommendations. Have a great time and let us know what you choose!
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 08:25 AM

If you are into sushi or other Japanese food, try the Todai Restaurant at the Venetian Shops. Check out Todai.com for details. It is an upscale sushi buffet with many other selections. Slightly pricey at $26 USD, but sushi and sashimi are wonderful and you can eat until you burst.
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 08:33 AM

Since you're only staying there for 2 nights, I would suggest that you have dinners at AquaKnox and at the Lutece.
AquaKnox is a new California Seafood paradise and Lutece is a French delight. If one of the above don't match your tastem then Delmonico Steakhouse is also a great experience.

For lunch try Noodle Asia and Tintoretto Bakery. You can't go wrong with either one.

Have a great trip.
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 08:40 AM

Oh BTW, if you can, try to get a suite in the new Venezia Tower. The new suites are more plush and little bigger than the ones in the original building. And for the ultimate experience the Concierge level at the Venezia Tower.
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 08:40 AM
jetset1

Judyrem~ My three girlfriends and I had a wonderful dinner at Cannelletto's last May. We were dressed to the nines and the service was great..and don't let hostile posters affect you. Whether they have been to the "real place" or not, their obvious need to cast judgement on others shows a lack of something significant in their life. It is indeed a small minded person who uses this forum as a way to inflate their low self esteem.. Enjoy your trip!

Old Jan 21st, 2004, 10:22 AM

hey earl,
I've been to the real Venice myself, and of course it doesn't compare! But that doesn't mean the Venetian isn't fun and kind of impressive to look at! Stop taking life so seriously! We can't all go to Italy every day!
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 10:34 AM

I don't care to get into this perpetual debate about the Venetian looking like the real Venice -- could anybody be serious about such a debate?

But I will say we ate at Postrio, being a great fan of Postrio in San Francisco. I found it terribly disappointing, for whatever that is worth -- maybe trying too hard to compare it to the original. Our service was very poor and untrained. The food was far from "inspirational". And the place was pretty empty that night, which always seems to take away some of the "buzz".
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 10:37 AM
Ani

First of all...wow, earl...secondly, I love The Venetian, Judyrem, and have a great time every time we are there. If you are into something casual, the Mexican restaurant there has GREAT margaritas (and, I think some good apps...but that was after the margs, so I could be wrong
especially if you get a table next to the "canal". Great times!
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 10:54 AM

Here's another vote for the Mexican place. Great margaritas! It too is right on the canal, where the gondolas turn around and generally do their "performance."
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 12:33 PM
Original Poster

Earl you stll are a pretentious scmuck IMO. As it happens, my sister lives in Phila and goes to fabulous restaurants e.g, the Budicon, Brasserie Perrier etc. Who made you the arbiter of taste BTW! Never the less, to all those that gave genuine answers, I thank you very much for gracoius replies. jbee, Zeffrinos is high on my list, her fiance is Italian, and adores Italian food. Frankie, I wouldn't mind going to Italy all the time ;-), (next trip Tuscany and Amalfi). Patrick, I was kind of leary about Postrio, after our very uneven dinner(some parts brilliant, others ok) at Wolfgang Pucks Trattoria del Lupo in Mandalay Bay. Ani, we ate there for lunch and we LOVED that place! chitowndirl, those were some heavy duty magaritas, yes? I was feeling no pain after 2(or was it 3). jetset, Canneltto is very high on our list too. I read some good reviews on chowhounds. It is good to hear you liked it. We are going to dress up also. You know how siters are ! Judy
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 02:20 PM

Judy cheers to you. 3 would do me in!
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 03:20 PM

Judy. Earl's just trying to get attention. I haven't eaten in Lutece in NYC and if the one in the Venetian is anything like NY, you will be blown away. Okay funny story at the Venetian. Was there after going to madame taussad's wax museum with my wife. she and i stopped in the Movado store in the Venetian, and she saw a watch she just had to have, and i couldnt afford. well, a few months later i was back in vegas and won BIG at the poker tables in the Bellagio, and was able to literally run over to the Movado store just before going to the airport to buy her the watch!
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 03:54 PM
Ani

This thread is really making me miss Vegas! Especially Venetian!

Judy, had to mention that DH and I went to Lupo at Mandalay Bay and it was HORRIBLE! Eveerything about it was horrible and we left with an excruciatingly painful bill...it was his birthday no less!
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 06:13 PM
Original Poster

Ani, I was so annoyed when I saw the wine list.....so incredibly overpriced. I mean I never saw such a mark up! It was disgraceful IMO. That is why I am leary of Postrio. But the Venetian's restaurant lists sound very promising. We were just there in Sept. and I loved Vegas(baby), NEVER thought I would, but is so much FUN. That is why we are going back! Judy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -