The Boulders

Old Dec 16th, 1997, 10:02 AM
anchorbill

The Boulders

Looking for comments on The Boulders in Phoenix. Zagat's gives them a really good rating. Thinking of January there for three nights at a rate of $375 which includes a full breakfast. Seems little a fairly good deal for high season. Anybody been there?

Old Dec 16th, 1997, 08:30 PM
Gary

I am canadian and have a home in scottsdale....THE BOULDERS is very interesting place. OWEVER< for the money I would recommend Hyatt Regency Gainey. It has an excellent golf course and fine dining but it is also a scenic beauty in central Scottsdale. The Boulders is 10 miles away from action although you will definitley need car. Boulders is a bit stuffy and truly not as warm a place for tourists. Lots of residents who are prejudice to visitors ( you never play the real course but a separate visiitors golf course. ( very good though ) Please e amil if you have further questions....

Old Dec 18th, 1997, 03:48 AM
PD

If you're going to Phoenix to sightsee and take advantage of the local restaurants, I would stay in a more centrally located spot than the Boulders. We stayed at the Biltmore in an oversized room for approximately the same rate. We loved the resort and how close we were to everything. We did drive out to see the Boulders and the adjoining shopping center one afternoon. While beautiful, we were happy we weren't staying so far out of the way.

Old Dec 18th, 1997, 07:40 PM
Karen

I agree with the previous responses. The Boulders is absolutely fantastic, but is a bit far out if you are planning to do the touristy things, museums, downtown Phoenix, etc.. Both the Hyatt Gainey Ranch and Arizona Biltmore would be in my top listings, along with The Phoenician. The Biltmore is a fabulous location, in my opinion, and both the Biltmore and Phoenician are so easy to travel from to all the locations that may interest you and be recommended by your concierge. All those hotels have wonderful restaurants, but the Biltmore and Phoenician have all sorts of terrific restaurants close by.

Old Dec 27th, 1997, 11:55 AM
jim

I spent some time at the Boulders and found it to be the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Sure it is further out - 10 miles or so - but so what - service, the views, everything is top rate. Actually I prefer to be outside of Scottsdale with all of the congestion and traffic. No question about the quality of the Biltmore and Phoenician - but I prefer the Boulders. Especially at that rate.,

Old Jan 8th, 1998, 08:49 PM
dave

The Boulders is really classy and very pretty but quiet and away from most of the other attractions. If you are a golfer you must play Troon North - beautiful but true "target golf". Also not too far away is Sonoma and a wonderful place for lunch or dinner - a smaller version of Boulders - Enchantment. Have fun.

Old Jan 13th, 1998, 08:53 PM
L. Montgomery

My vote would be with the Pheonician, It is lovely, Ultra-Deluxe, and quite simply unbeatable for service, rooms, and beauty.
The Canyon Suites are truly incredable....if you are a Sheraton Club member, you might be upgraded to Canyon as we were for an unforgettable 33rd wedding anniversary last January!