Thanksgiving in Williamsburg

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We'll be going to visit my daughter for Thanksgiving and were wondering if there's anything special at CW? How about places to eat Thanksgiving dinner?
Old Jul 7th, 2007, 06:25 PM

I was just there yesterday! I think I saved a brochure that advertised this,... at the least it shoud have an 800 number to inquire. I will post back.

Anne
Old Jul 8th, 2007, 06:42 AM
HKP

For one thing, it's enormously popular for Thanksgiving dinner, so be prepared and book early. The restaurants and taverns have a special schedule and menu for that day. We went there once for T'giving and ate at the King's Arms -- very pretty -- and I have the following recommendation for you:

If you order the "traditional" American T'giving dishes (turkey, pumpkin pie), it may not be as well prepared as the non-traditional offerings because they're just cranking out the meals almost like short-order cooks. I had steak, and it was wonderful.

The CW website will list the restaurants: http://www.colonialwilliamsburg.com/...ingExperience/

Click on the specific restaurant and then look at the menus.

Several are right in the old, restored area and it's lovely to walk to the restaurant in the evening with the streets light by candles (or gaslight?). Those restaurants try to have traditional and therefore somewhat limited -- but delicious -- dishes. However, if you are looking for a fuller and more contemporary menu, the restaurants outside the restored areas are more conventional.

Recommend looking on-line and reserving soon.
Old Jul 8th, 2007, 07:57 AM

Also -I found the dining reservation number:

757-229-2241

We ate at the Kings Arms. the number above will book a reservation at any of the restaurants - Book early!
Old Jul 8th, 2007, 10:26 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Postal - I am glad you're coming to the area! I hope your daughter is settled in. I'll investigate for good Thanksgiving dinners and get back to you. My feeling is that the taverns won't be exceptional. The Inn has slipped in quality considerably lately. I'll see what I can find out. I would suggest a mini GTG but we'll be in the Philly area that weekend.