Reload this Page >

Thanksgiving Dinner in Vegas!

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2001, 09:48 PM
Melissa

My family decided not to cook this year, and will celebrate Thanksgiving in Vegas. We leave Thanksgiving morning and will arrive about 7:30 PM, making for a late dinner. Where would you recommend for a nice family dinner? We're talking about a party of 10.

Old May 22nd, 2001, 12:04 AM
melissa

Anyone?

Old May 22nd, 2001, 09:51 AM
Ellen

Will try to help, but need more specifics. Where are you staying? Are there small children involved? What type of budget are you looking at? Any family member with special food considerations?

Old May 22nd, 2001, 01:55 PM
xxx

Just where I would want to spend a family Thanksgiving, in a cheap, cheezy, plastic place like Las Vegas....

Old May 22nd, 2001, 03:56 PM
lynn

Melissa -

Are you talking a buffet or a restaurant?

Lynn

Old May 22nd, 2001, 04:10 PM
tom turkey

Of course, a Las Vegas buffet.....just the right thing for Thanksgiving. Why didn't I think of that!

Old May 22nd, 2001, 11:00 PM
Melissa

Oh, you guys! We've done Vegas for Thanksgiving and for Christmas before. We just were looking for something new, delicious, and wonderful.

The youngest "child" will be 22. We eat anything and everything, although I know the kids like crab! We're not really interested in a traditional turkey dinner.

Budget--well, last time we were there we ate at Hugo's Cellar. Locale: No preference. We're staying at Main Street, but we'll catch a cab or drive anywhere.

Old May 23rd, 2001, 07:28 AM
Fred

Having Thanksgiving dinner in Las Vegas is tacky and IMO completely untraditional. It just goes to show you there are a lot of "bubbas" in this country.....

Old May 23rd, 2001, 07:34 AM
Arthur

I am sure you can find a $3.99 turkey buffet somewhere on the strip where you can stuff yourselves.

Old May 23rd, 2001, 12:18 PM
Hm

I can't wait to hear what your plans are for Christmas, New Year's, Easter and Fourth of July!

Old May 23rd, 2001, 01:58 PM
Amita

Melissa, go check out Las Vegas Online at http://www.lvol.com. Look for the link for "LV Talk Discussion Boards". I'm sure you'll get some helpful input there. Have a wonderful time!

Old May 23rd, 2001, 02:16 PM
cindy

also go to vegas.com to the message boards.
Vegas anytime is great! I go once a month and have hit it at sometime for every major holiday.

Old May 23rd, 2001, 02:29 PM
me

To all you Las Vegas naysayers: Do you realize that there are over 1.3 million people living in the Las Vegas area? And that probably 75% of them choose to make LV their home town? How would you like it if we talked about your town that way. Millions of people come to LV on vacation every year--they can't all be wrong! Sure, there are things to be said for going to Rome or Paris. Sure, San Francisco is a great place to visit. Ad Infinitum!! But LV is a great place to visit too. You know, Rick Steves said, "If you don't like a place, you probably just don't know enough about it." LV is a great town, for visiting and for living in. And we aren't all bubbas! Turn loose and let Melissa make her own travel choices.

Old May 23rd, 2001, 03:41 PM
just

Did you know that Nevada has the highest suicide rate in the country? Doesn't that tell you anything?

Old May 23rd, 2001, 04:15 PM
Linda

Yeah, but LV is also the fastest growing city in the country. Does that tell you anything?

Old May 23rd, 2001, 04:25 PM
Lauren

Melissa-Sorry that you can't get a real responses from all these immature people. I live in vegas and it is a great place. I would try the buffet at the Paris (Excellent and special, but 20.00 per person) or the Aladdin was a big hit this past year. Downtown where you are they have a great restaurant in the California Hotel, even in Main Street Station the food is good. If you are looking for under 20.00 on the strip try thr Excalibur, reliable, good food.

Old May 23rd, 2001, 04:39 PM
lynn

Melissa -

If some of you like crab, the Rio Village Seafood buffet is pretty good. The best overall buffets in town are Bellagio and Paris.

For nice atmosphere, decent food, excellent chocolate mousse, try Mon Ami Gabi at Paris. Also, Drai's and Smith & Wollensky are two good places.

Don't worry about all these joksters talking bad about your plans. We've been to Vegas on many different holidays and find it to be a nice change of pace. Sometimes, it's fun to make new traditions.

We haven't been to Vegas at Thanksgiving for a few years because we now spend that time of year in Asia shopping!...(and eating)

Have a great time.

Lynn

Old May 23rd, 2001, 05:00 PM
just

But, Linda, that's just it. Don't you get the connection?

Old May 23rd, 2001, 05:07 PM
jon

to: just for the record,

Spit it out -- YOU tell us what this all means. Go ahead......

Old May 23rd, 2001, 06:28 PM
just

C'mon, Jon, can't you figure it out yourself? Think, man, think.....if you're capable of doing it, that is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -