Reload this Page >

Thanksgiving Dinner/Chicago

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 12:49 PM
rachel

Any suggestions for Thanksgiving dinner in chicago. Have been to Lawreys, Ditka's and Schulins (Sp?-now closed German restaurant/tavern near Wrigley Field that was fantastic)for past T-days. There will be about 8-10 of us, and some will want traditional T-day dinner, some will want less traditional fare (like steak or seafood). Everyone is staying in the Mag Mile area but will have cars and aren't opposed to driving somewhere. Would like to keep total cost (drinks, dessert, tax, tip) to @$50/person. Would love suggestions for local favorites as opposed to national chains. thanks for your advice

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 01:01 PM
xxx

The Drake Hotel.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 05:29 AM
rachel

thanks for the suggestion. i'll check it out.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 05:42 AM
alex

As it gets closer to Thanksgiving (maybe the last week or so in October), metromix.com will usually run an article on Thanksgiving dinners at the various restaurants around Chicago including the prices and menus. I searched the site and was easily able to find last year's article and there were numerous good choices including Harvest on Huron (one of my favorite restaurants - although their meal may be slightly over your price range) and Piazza M.

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 06:12 AM
tmn

We have done the same thing - made reservations at the Drake for their buffet - beautiful and delicious!

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 03:03 PM
lacnd

Swiss Hotel or Four Seasons