Thanks Stu Dudley!!! YOU ROCK!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sending you a great big cyber hug for helping to make this mother/16 y.o. son trip to San Francisco so much fun!

We drove up from L.A. on Monday, your recommendations firmly in hand. Of course, Monday night we had to walk by the wharf and ride cable cars up and back...up and back...well, he is 16!

Tuesday morning, we walked from Lombard and Fillmore (staying at the Chelsea Motor Inn) along Chestnut and had breakfast at a cute little cafe. Taking your lead, we spent most of the rest of a beautiful day walking, talking and playing with dogs along Crissy Fields, all the way to Fort Point. We BOTH loved it! Dinner was al fresco at Trattoria Pinnochio in North Beach, which we enjoyed very much.

My son is very interested in Victorians and, having previously taken him on 'your' Alamo Square tour on a different trip, I followed your suggestions for seeing Victorians in both Noe Valley (lunch at Le Zinc) and Delores Heights, of course stopping to enjoy the view (and dogs!) at Mission Delores Park. It was truly a beautiful day.

Today, we're off to Alcatraz with a friend of his who lives up here. Should be fun...I've never been.

Stu, thanks in part to you, we've had a wonderful trip, together seeing parts of this city neither of us had seen before. I actually believe he thinks I'm 'cool' again!

Thanks!

Old Mar 20th, 2008, 08:37 AM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
He does indeed.
When the euro fares better for us, I'm going to do Tuscany with his recommendations in hand.
Old Mar 20th, 2008, 11:08 AM

Hi Iregeo

Your son sounds cool too. It's great to see a young person pursuing his interest in architecture, and he is an animal lover as well!

Have you taken any of the stairway walks that have been mentioned in the threads? Well worth it, especially on a crystal clear spring day like today. How about asking your local friend for directions to 16th Avenue and Moraga Street - see the beautiful mosaic tiled stairway there with a stunning view of the ocean and Marin Headlands.
Old Mar 20th, 2008, 02:23 PM

Glad you had a great time.

Stu Dudley
Old Mar 20th, 2008, 03:49 PM

Stu and Mrs. Stu rock indeed, simply because they are lovely people.
Deb
Old Mar 20th, 2008, 06:17 PM

Another Fodorite and a native of the SF/Bay Area that puts in a vote for Stu Dudley and his lovely wife. As I told them at our wonderful GTG I always think of Stu as "Mr. San Francisco".
Old Mar 21st, 2008, 11:11 AM

I had the pleasure of meeting them, they rock, are fun, cool and a delightful couple!