Tenaya Lodge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25th, 2001, 08:01 PM
Sammi

Tenaya Lodge

Please rate Tenaya Lodge.

Old Aug 26th, 2001, 08:26 AM
gail

Not sure exactly what info you are looking for. Make sure to do a text search as this hotel has been posted on before. We have gone there several times and enjoy it, but feel it is quite a high price to pay. Rooms are clean, spacious, kids love the pool with underwater music. We would always choose in the park if there are vacancies though.

Old Aug 26th, 2001, 11:38 AM
Suzie

I have stayed there two or three times. Most recently last summer. I, and my family, liked it very much. There is an indoor pool and spa and an outdoor pool and spa. The rooms are nice. The rooms were recently refurbished and are nice. We have always had a room with a view of the pool so I can't comment on any other view (like of the parking lots). The hotel is nice. I has two restaurants, one is more upscale but you can be seated outdoors in either one. There is also a cafe where you can catch a bagel and coffee or a quick sandwich for a picnic. They also have bikes for rent, a laundry room, flashlight hikes and other activities. Since I've stayed several times I get lots of email from them with specials. You should check their website to see what they've got going. I'm sure you'd enjoy your stay. We always have and would go back. Have also stayed in the Valley. You wake up in Yosemite but there are tradeoffs, like masses of people in pursuit of food at the same time. Eating is very cafeteriaish, rooms are clean but not luxury. Tanaya Lodge is much more upscale. Easy access to Wawona and the giant sequoias near the south entrance. Beautiful drive to the valley.

Old Aug 27th, 2001, 04:36 AM
J T Kirk

If you're staying there for more than a night or two be forewarned: The drive to the valley becomes longer and longer each time you make it. Yes, it's scenic, but after about the third or fourth time it just becomes LONG. I hate to be a spoilsport and I genuinely like to drive, but dang that's a LONG drive.

Old Aug 27th, 2001, 10:02 AM
Suzie

Yes the drive is long and very windey. If you get carsick easily you should stop frequently.