Reload this Page >

Ten Thousand Waves...

Search

Ten Thousand Waves...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16th, 2000, 10:46 AM
SharonM

Ten Thousand Waves...

Has anyone been to, or stayed at the Ten Thousand Waves Spa in N. Mexico?
Their website certainly makes it look awesome (very Japanese!) but was wondering if anyone had any first hand experiences there?
Thanks.

sam

Old Nov 16th, 2000, 11:30 AM
show

Why Sharon, did one of your travel agency clients ask about it, so you decided to come here and ask Fodorites? Are we to get some of that commission you earn when you book that client's trip? After all, Fodorites are supplying the information, so they should profit from it, JUST LIKE YOU.

Old Nov 16th, 2000, 11:35 AM
texasgirl

hi sharon, i have not stayed at ten thousand waves but have had treatments there and think it's a great spa. it is japanese inspired, very quiet in treatment areas. There are communal outdoor hot tubs (men, women, or mixed) that are lovely to sit in before your treatment. it offers the normal array of massages and wraps at a pretty reasonable cost. (esp. for santa fe!) and they have the greatest cedar-scented lotion in all the bathrooms....definitely worth a stop...

Old Nov 16th, 2000, 11:45 AM
dick

We have been there several times for treatments...the spa and hot tubs are set into the environment exceptionally well.....a private hot tub..before your treatment...really sets the mood

Old Nov 16th, 2000, 01:24 PM
SharonM

Thanks, guys, I'm there!!!
Sounds heavenly.
BTW, texasgirl, I was looking at their website and they sell that Cedar lotion (as well as other cedar products). I love cedar smell! (Very memory-evoking...Reminds me of hiking as well as the smell of the cedar furniture we had when I lived in Mexico...)