Notices

Temporary Luggage Storage

Old Mar 20th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Temporary Luggage Storage

I will be making a trip to Washington DC in late March 2007. Upon landing at Reagan airport, I would like to visit the museums and memorials at the Washington mall. Can anyone recommend where I could store luggage for a few hours while I am touring the mall area? I have been told the Reagan airport does not have any storage lockers.
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 01:13 PM

Will you be flying back out that same day? Call the airline you are flying out with and see how early you can check your luggage.
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Don

If you're not flying out the same day...

I've checked luggage at a lot of hotels where I wasn't a guest. If there are any hotels at or near the airport, that would be an option. I checked the Reagan Airport website, and there's a Crowne Plaza about a mile from the airport. Don't know if there's any hotel connected to the airport, though.
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 08:21 PM

i will encounter similar problem. i will check out of my hotel this sat by 12noon, go to holocaust museum at 1230pm and then catch amtrak back to CT at 430pm. since my hotel is NOT near either holocaust museum or the train station, I will take my luggage to a hotel near holocaust museum or train station- drop it with bellman and pick it up on my way from museum to union station. as long as you tip a hotel bellman, they are always willing to take your luggage. if museum has luggage storage, i might not need to do this, but i am guessing that the museums do not have facilities to store a moderate-sized suitcase.