Reload this Page >

tell me about Virginia beach please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21st, 2006, 07:23 AM
MissVicki

I have never been here and would love to know about it. I would like to know about the weather, beach,trolly's, restaurants, beachbars,nightlife for 45 yr old women and any other tidbits you have plus any suggestions for fun beach towns for our age groups in any area we are active both day and night. Thanks for any info

Old Jun 22nd, 2006, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You won't like it.
Old Jun 22nd, 2006, 08:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Oh Starrsville that was harsh.
Virginia beach is definitely getting nicer these days. It has a very nice boardwalk with hotels lining the beach. The nicest hotels are the Hilton, and the two Marriott courtyards with the 37th st one being the nicer. There is some great food off the strip. The trolley is cheap and runs up and down Atlantic ave. There are many t-shirt shops and pancake houses and ice cream shops and some bars that line the strip. The new Hilton has some night time action. Most of the hotels have bars on the beach side. The weather is hot. The water is not as warm as some of the more southern states until mid July.
The beach itself is wide and has nice sand. There are life guards that line the beach. You can rent chairs and umbrellas for the day.
We enjoy going to Virginia beach with our kids. The town was getting dumpy and in the last 10 years has built some new hotels and has tried to make it a family friendly town.
For 45 year old women, there are nicer places to go. But Va Beach isn't a bad place to go either. I think there are more interesting places to visit.
Old Jun 22nd, 2006, 08:25 PM

I'm sorry. Explanation needed. I just topped, hmmm.... SEVEN posts I believe where MissVicki asks if a group of 45 year old women will like it.

I was just "over" the series of threads.

I like Virginia Beach. Really, I do.

But, I don't think Miss Vicki will. Or, Fort Myers. Or, Gulf Shores. Or, any of the Florida beaches Fodorites have recommended to her on the many threads.
Old Jun 22nd, 2006, 08:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Just read all of the other beach threads. I understand. Miss Vicki, you should really ask a more general header like beach trips for 45 year old women and then list your places that you might like in the post. There are too many threads and I am lost.
Old Jun 23rd, 2006, 08:58 AM
MissVicki

Starrsville and Mah1980 Thank you for your posts I am sorry I caused you distress i did not disregaurd any of anybodys info and I think I thanked everybody for their help. If not I do so now I just wanted to get as much advise as I could because I thought it was fun I was born in Florida and lived there untill i was 14 , I have a grown son there I have enjoyed every trip I have had there which is around 20 times since moving. I saw in another post where you slammed me . I thought this was a fun friendly place to compare travel ideals. I looked forward to checking it in the morning to see what ideals others had. I thought all aproached as I did as fun and friendly Do you really take it as a bad thing that I keep asking others where they would like instead of just picking one because somebody said it was great ? I'm sure it is but as I said I thought it was fun to hear from others too. You really have sucked the joy out of the fun for me. If I bother you please do not open my threads. although I don't think I will be back. I can't understand people who take things that are for fun and make them serious. You really have hurt my feelings so if that's what you were going for you got it! Sorry again Thanks to all who have helped with this planning and my trip to PV and I hope I have helped others too. Happy travels

Old Jun 23rd, 2006, 09:30 AM

It's a GREAT idea to get as much ADVICE as possible but is is general "no-no" on this board and others to keep creating new threads to ask the same question.

SEVERAL posters kindly/ gently recommended that you keep ONE of those threads alive instead of creating new ones. You chose not to follow those recommendations.

Fodorites are very happy to ADVISE based on their experiences. I don't think anyone has warned you away from any beach you've asked about on your other posts.

It's simply hard to follow them all. ONE post is much better than seven - if the topic is the same, i.e. "What beach will I enjoy as much as PV?"