Teens in Washington DC

May 27th, 1997, 04:36 PM
Pat DeiTos

Teens in Washington DC

Chaperoning teens to DC. They will be doing volunteer work during the day. I am looking for activites after 5pm. Any ideas...... please respond.
Thanx.

Jun 16th, 2002, 04:33 PM
kim

There's a walking tour called Capitol Hauntings on friday evenings at 7:30, they might find that quite interesting.

Jun 17th, 2002, 05:51 AM
Kristin

The are museums in the Smithsonian collective stay open late on Thursday evenings during the summer to host concerts, films, performances, discussions, etc. I'm sure you can find more detailed info on the Smithsonian website.

At the Kennedy Center, the Millenium Stage gives free concerts throughout the week (I think it's every night at 6pm, but not sure) - lots of diverse performances. Also at Kennedy Center, they might enjoy Shear Madness, which is a fun play for groups.

There are tours of the Mall and monuments at night - I think the Old Town Trolley company does them, there may be others as well.

Finally, teenagers would definitely enjoy walking around neighborhoods like Georgetown, Adams Morgan and Dupont Circle - all have lots of shops and restaurants, and are great for strolling and people-watching.

Jun 17th, 2002, 05:52 AM
Kristin

Sorry... make that the "ART" museums stay open late, not the "are" museums!

Jun 17th, 2002, 06:33 AM
r-travels

Nice suggestions, folks, but Pat's trip was 5ive years ago! All these old posts coming to the top seems to be the work of "kim [email protected]". Boring weekend, Kim?

Search this Thread