Reload this Page >

Tavern On the Green?

Search

Tavern On the Green?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21st, 2001, 08:18 AM
gracie

Tavern On the Green?

I've heard that it's kind of a tourist spot - but were wondering what the opinions/reactions are to Tavern on the Green - especially their Christmas Day dinner. (We are going to be in the city over the holiday and can't seem to find a good restaurant for Christmas Day) - any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Old Nov 21st, 2001, 08:28 AM
Lee

I don't know about Christmas Dinner, but I was there earlier this year for Sunday Brunch. We had 8 in our party and everyone thought their food was excellent - - I had a Bloody Mary (fabulous and spicy!) and Eggs Benedict which was wonderful. The restaurant is so pretty but my favorite area is the Crystal Room. I'm planning to go back to NYC in March and am seriously thinking about another brunch there...There seemed to be a good mix of tourists and locals enjoying themselves when I was there.

Old Nov 21st, 2001, 08:30 AM
Happyholidays

Tavern on the Green is one of the prettiest places to have dinner/lunch/just a drink.The lights are always shining, it is very pretty inside and out.Go whenever you can and enjoy-all of NY is a tourist spot

Old Nov 21st, 2001, 08:35 AM
c

Tavern On The Green can be a very hectic place and a little unnerving to get seated. But once seated, you'll enjoy a nice meal with a wonderful atmosphere. The holiday decorations make the place one of the most festive restaurants around.

Old Nov 21st, 2001, 08:43 AM
Frank

Gracie: Definitely request the Crystal Room, it's the one to be in. Also check to see it there is still availability for Christmas, it usually sells out well in advance for the prime seating times. Enjoy.

Old Nov 21st, 2001, 08:53 AM
Patrick

Is Tavern on the Green touristy? Yes. Is it really a bit overpriced? Of course. Is it sometimes hectic, crowded, and frantic? Sure is. Is it beautiful? You bet. Will you enjoy your meal there? I'm sure. There is a reason some places are considered "touristy" and it is often that they are unique or special in some way. Go and enjoy.