Taos

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 12:42 PM
Karen

Taos

Recommendations for restaurants in Taos? We enjoy cafes, dive bars and elegant dining...so whatever!!! Also, any suggestions for easy/moderate hiking...perhaps 1-3 hours in length. Any other suggestions for activities are appreicated. Will be there four days. Staying at Casa Europa. Thanks in advance.

Old Aug 12th, 2001, 12:53 PM
Michelle/nyc

try Joseph's Table south of town (upscale), Doc Martin's, Apple Tree...

Old Aug 12th, 2001, 01:50 PM
xxx

They have river rafting during certain times of the year. Might be worth checking out.

Old Aug 12th, 2001, 07:09 PM
Pat Bingham

If you're interested in a very novel and cool hike, check this out. We're going there late September and we're definately going out on the trails with the llamas!
http://www.elpaseollama.com

Old Aug 13th, 2001, 09:39 AM
chuck

Karen,

it's been a few years, so I hope it is still there--Roberto's has wonderful mexican food in a casual setting. For things to do and see, definitely do a search of this site using Taos AND Santa Fe, as there is a ton of info in posts over the past 6 months. Taos is a wonderful place--I especially liked Taos Pueblo, and the in town, there are several great art galleries. Can't remember the names, but the town is so small you can't miss them even walking.

Have a great time!

Have a great time!

Old Aug 13th, 2001, 10:19 AM
toldham

the mabel dodge luhan house is now open as a b & b--a quite interesting place--