Tampa...Florida... Help !!!

Old Jul 8th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tampa...Florida... Help !!!

Were sheduled to fly to Tampa Saturday afternoon. I have watched all the online info and media up to now...What should I do...cancell @ noon tomorrow 7/09... reshedule or throw caution to the Wind and GO!!!!!
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 02:40 PM

ibob, I think that depends on what you're going to Tampa for. It is supposed to be rainy. There is a chance of coastal flooding. Other than that, everything else is running smooth here in TAmpa.

But if you were thinking you'd come here and lie on the beach Saturday, then you might want to rethink. It will likely be overcast at least through the weekend. It has been grumbling for the last 2 hrs. but it's not even raining.

OK, that jinxed it. I feel a drop.
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 02:41 PM

BTW, ibob. Sometimes when I've traveled and there was a hurricane a'brewin', it was really crazy at the airports. So be sure to check on your flight before you go to the airport. They might make the decision for you.
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 02:57 PM

If you are planning on flying in tomorrow and flying back home Monday morning, I suggest you cancel. But if you were planning on staying a week, I suggest you go for it. Weather tends to turn particularly nice after a hurricane passes by. (Note "passes by" is the operative phrase here -- we think it will).
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 05:44 PM
Original Poster

Me and the Kid (girlie) are looking forward to a full week of ... B/G and the Water Park (Fun Pass), a day off or so at the pool, the mall, a movie, maybe MOSI at our leisure. Lastly we thought of one day at the Beach but the talk of Red Tide prepared us for wait and see