Reload this Page >

Tampa - Busch Gardens

Search

Tampa - Busch Gardens

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 10:16 AM
Laurie

Tampa - Busch Gardens

We are passing through Tampa and wanted to do something for one day with our 8 year old. Fodor's said Busch Garden's rides were too much for your grade schoolers and I was wondering if it was worth if for the $ to still go for what else it offers or go the Adventure Island or the aquarium instead.

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 01:52 PM
MmeIrish

You may enjoy the Busch Gardens... There are animals to enjoy and that will be the most interesting to your child. The jungle type/zoo is going to be her favorite area. The rides are mostly too wild for younger kids, but there are a few for children. It IS worth it for one day only.

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 02:13 PM
Maureen

My kids loved going there and it's great for kids that age. We lived near there for many years and most of my friends liked it better than Disney.

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 02:26 PM
Fwhiteside

Busch Gardens is excellent. We always go when we come to Florida ( From the UK ). You won't regret it.

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 02:52 PM
bm

Don't know if it would fill up a day or not, but the Lowrey (sp?) Park Zoo in Tampa is great for small children. I have a friend who lives in the area and takes her daughter there frequently. Busch Gardens is great though and I used to go a lot as a kid while visiting my grandparents. There are plenty of children orientated rides, and your child will love the mono-rail that takes you around the area where the African animals are. Have fun!

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 06:23 PM
gail

Were at Busch Gardens 2 years ago when our kids were 8 and 12 - both loved it. Good combination of rides and other stuff to see (animals). I actually prefer it to Disney since Disney is a little too much - too crowded, too loud, too many mice, etc. - for me. Food is better. Much less overwhelming for kids and adults.