Reload this Page >

Swim with the Sharks

Search

Swim with the Sharks

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 10:14 AM
Daredevil

Swim with the Sharks

I will be visiting the west coast of Florida next month and would like to go to one of the "Swim with the Sharks" park. Which is the best one, and about how much will it cost me?

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 10:31 AM
Sherri

Do you mean 'Swim With the Dolphins?"

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 10:35 AM
JamesBond

Daredevil is making fun of all the shark postings today. He is such a clever wit, that daredevil.

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 10:37 AM
GoForIt

I would highly recommend either the Gulf of Mexico Park or the Park of Ocean Atlantic. Both have free admission - get your suit on, head for the beach and just get in the water!

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 10:48 AM
Daredevil

I thank you for the compliment Mr. Bond. Perhaps you can also provide some advice, seeing as how you once swam with the sharks in the thriller Thunderball.

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 11:19 AM
dan woodlief

It is cruel to swim with sharks - cruel to you that is.

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 01:52 PM
Trolldetector

As a matter of fact, Troll, it's possible to swim with & feed sharks at Curacao Seaquarium, Netherlands Antilles. Been there, done that. Which is more than you can afford to do...

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 02:52 PM
Dan

The Curacao shark dive was a little overrated I felt. For something a little more exciting take the Stuart Cove shark dive in the Bahamas. First tank is a free dive with Caribbean reef sharks. 6 to 10 footers swimming right next to you, over you, under you.no cage, just you and those black eyes staring you down..second tank feeding dive,,20 or more right in your face,,,
it will get your heart pumping for sure!! just dont forget to breathe..

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 06:58 PM
Bondwoman

Many major dive destinations offer shark adventures. I've observed live wild shark feedings off Cayman and Honduras. The organizers feed the swirling sharks while you stand by and get brushed by their tails, etc. They even sell you video footage of your dive to take home as a memento.

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 06:34 AM
Daredevil

Gee Trolldetector - you're a smart one - you figured me out! And what a brilliant insult to get me back! How can I become a high priced Trolldetector like yourself? It has always been my dream to have enough money to visit the Seaquarium. That sure must be the good life!

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 08:42 AM
vigorish

There's a pool near Mulberry St. in New York City where you can swim the loansharks almost any day of the week. Admission is free, but the interest rate is a real killer.