SuperShuttle fro JFK

Mar 31st, 2006, 03:58 AM
Original Poster

SuperShuttle fro JFK

Does the supershuttle drop you off at your hotel or is it like the European versions that drop you off at a central location near your hotel? I do not care if it take a little longer...
Mar 31st, 2006, 04:04 AM
sandi

Not sure about hotels, but they do drop you off (and pick-up) at your apartment/house. Assume they do likewise if staying at a hotel. Contact them to be sure.

Mar 31st, 2006, 04:27 AM

SuperShuttle does drop you at your hotel. For that reason it's dreadful as it can take forever. They also really pack you into the bus. Very uncomfortable. If you want take a bus, use the Airport Shuttle that goes to central location (Grand Central or Port Authority or some go to Penn Station). You can then either walk, get a cab or they offer an added ride to your hotel. Bigger, nicer bus, much better.
Mar 31st, 2006, 07:50 AM
Neopolitan

I'm not sure it's the same, but we once took the Super Shuttle (one of the worst mistakes of our lives) from Laguardia thinking they were taking us directly to our hotel (since they told us they were). Instead they took us to Grand Central Station where they made us transfer to different busses. We then spent the next hour and a half getting from Grand Central to the Marriott Marquis from about 5 to 6:30 PM in clogged traffic as we went to some 5 or six other hotels. And when all was done, we realized a taxi would have been almost the same price as the two Super Shuttle tickets!

I'd be more tempted if you are alone to just take the regular shuttle to either Port Authority or Grand Central and then a taxi to your hotel, if it is too far to walk or too involved to take a subway from there.

Mar 31st, 2006, 08:56 AM

If you're traveling alone and time is really not important at all, then maybe the shuttle makes sense. I personally don't think so.

If you're traveling with anyone, then just use a car service or taxi (the cost per person won't be much more).

www.dial7.com

Enjoy NYC!
Mar 31st, 2006, 09:07 AM

If there are only 1 or 2 of you, you might want to look at the NYAirport service bus. Clean, comfortable and room for luggage. You can get off at Grand Central, Port Authority or ride the hotel circuit (takes a bit longer as you transfer to a smaller bus at GC and then . to the hotels) ROUND TRIP from JFK to Grand Central is $27. (Kids under 12 ride free)

Here is the website: http://www.nyairportservice.com/index.html