Search

Sunny Hill Family Resort in Upstate NY

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2024, 06:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunny Hill Family Resort in Upstate NY

Hi All,

looking to possibly stay at this place in the summer (have a two year old and six year old). Has anyone stayed here? Reviews look great but rooms look super old and outdated. As long as they’re clean I’m basically okay. Also considering Villa Roma in upstate NY but the rooms also look super outdated.

thanks!
Old May 5th, 2024, 08:02 AM
J62

Never heard of either of them. Both seem like old timey Catskills family resorts and as you suggest they may seem outdated. I’d say check out online reviews.

A higher end resort in the area is Mohonk Mtn House.

Kids that age need a pool with a slide, a playground, and nearby ice cream. IMO a motel 6 with make your own waffles and a pool would make the kids happy, so most important is to figure out what will make the parents happy.

When my kids were young we always preferred a place with at least a kitchenette.

Old May 5th, 2024, 11:18 AM

Have never heard of Sunny Hill but Villa Roma has been around forever. When my kids were that young we also tended to stay at ski resorts as off season, they are very reasonable and you have an apartment or a townhouse with a kitchen. There are pools, both indoor and outdoor as well as playgrounds and family activities. In our case we used to go to NH and we stayed at Waterville Valley. We have also stayed in Jiminy Peak in MA Mohonk is absolutely stunning in its setting and offers a lot but it is on the pricey side. We also absolutely love the Sagamore Hotel on Bolton Landing in Lake George, haven't been there for several work related conferences but sometimes there we had a deluxe room with a living room, fireplace, deck with Adirondack chairs and a full kitchen.
Old May 5th, 2024, 11:21 AM

Above post.. I meant to say have only been there for work related events primarily but check it out. Someone I worked with used to go there and would put her daughter in a camp program for young children while she and her husband went to the racetrack at Saratoga. In Waterville Valley, there is a summer kids program and you can have your kids participate for an entire week, a day or for any specific days/events. We used to go to family bingo, open gym, family scavenger hunt as well as taking advantage of all the natural wonder that the area offered.
Old May 5th, 2024, 03:36 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for the replies !