Sunday Brunch in Chicago with kids??

Feb 6th, 2001, 05:40 PM
Mary

Sunday Brunch in Chicago with kids??

What restaurant can anyone recommend for brunch with children. They like the basics - pancakes, waffles, bacon, scrambled eggs. etc., The adults would like something a little more interesting. Can we find both in one place?? help!

Feb 6th, 2001, 06:21 PM
Laurie

One of the best brunches in Chicago is at the House of Blues gospel brunch. They have the basics but the also have more southern and spicy choices as well. The best part of course is the outstanding gospel singing that gets everyone clapping. It's a lot of fun. There is such cool memorabilia and artwork on the walls the kids will enjoy walking around.

Feb 6th, 2001, 08:12 PM
Sabrina

Another great Sunday brunch is the "smooth jazz" brunch at Chicago Hilton and Towers.

Feb 7th, 2001, 06:22 AM
Mary

to the top

Feb 7th, 2001, 09:08 AM
Jeanette

Mary, How formal do you want to be? Chicago Hilton Inn & Towers is supposed to be the best buffet brunch in America if you take my jazz addict friend's word for it. They are also moving to the 45th floor and will have a view to match. But I would not want to take kids to it myself. Oysters, ice sculptures, lobster, etc. etc. etc. at breakfast- don't know about the scrambled eggs but I'm sure they are there. Pricey, I believe- but WNUA is live too. I am no downtown expert but have heard of many, many others over the years that are more kid friendly. Do a search on the rants and raves section for Chicago. Ann Sather is supposed to be very good. If you enter breakfast and Chicago in search feature, you might also come up with some good recent posts about Michigan Ave. / Chicago River / and Loop locations that I have read here.

Search this Thread