Sunday Breakfast in Manhattan

Feb 22nd, 2002, 12:32 PM
John

Sunday Breakfast in Manhattan

Any good breakfast or brunch places (relatively inexpensive $10 - $15 per person) in the area of 43rd and Avenue of the Americas. Thanks.

Feb 22nd, 2002, 01:00 PM
Owen O'Neill

What time of year? I know a great place for brunch at a reasonable price but it's seasonal - only open in the good weather.

Feb 22nd, 2002, 01:10 PM
John

Owen: Need something for this weekend, but would be interested in your other good weather suggestion since I'm in NYC in all seasons.

Feb 22nd, 2002, 01:20 PM
Owen O'Neill

St. Bart's, a Catholic church on Park Ave (at or near the corner of 50th - just north of the helmsley Building on the east side of the street) has an outdoor cafe. It's on a large raised patio adjacent to the church and serves weekday lunches and Sunday brunch. Food appears to be very good (I had only cappucino and a muffin as I was meeting frineds and had already eaten). I recall that brunch was about $15-$18 - a great price for NYC. The atmosphere was very nice and the staff was pleasant and friendly. Definitely worth checking out when the weather is decent.

Feb 22nd, 2002, 01:37 PM
lisa

You might check out the menu at Bryant Park Grill at 42nd & 5th Ave (directly behind the New York Public Library). It is more a brunch place than a breakfast place (a little fancy), but the last time I was there the brunch was delicious, came with a mimosa or bloody mary and was approx. $12 per person.

Feb 22nd, 2002, 02:38 PM
Howard

Lisa, you must have been there quite a while ago. It's a lot more than $12 these days!

Search this Thread